Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
gianfrance

Laminating Existing Kitchen Cabinet/ Wardrobe

Hi all,

I am just purchase a 4 room resale flat. The flat come with wardrobe and kitchen cabinet which still in good condition.

I would like to check any of you kept the existing cabinet/ wardrobe but change the finish of the wardrobe/ cabinet to you liking colour/ design?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi all,

I am just purchase a 4 room resale flat. The flat come with wardrobe and kitchen cabinet which still in good condition.

I would like to check any of you kept the existing cabinet/ wardrobe but change the finish of the wardrobe/ cabinet to you liking colour/ design?

you can keep the cabinet carcass and changing the door (to laminated) and having new hingers, drawer tracks....etc. shoud look and feel like new after that.

get a carpenter to come and evaluate your existing carcass condition first.

The key point to consider (if you are only replacing the doors) is that the points of attachment to the carcass will have to be slightly different from the existing ones.

Do bear in mind that the main cost of carpentry is in the finishing, the savings from keeping the carcass is minimal, maybe 20% at best.

Also, check on the interior for any hints of waterlogging, mould, or insects (especially termites).

And if you are replacing the hinges, use the ones with integrated dampeners.

The key point to consider (if you are only replacing the doors) is that the points of attachment to the carcass will have to be slightly different from the existing ones.

Do bear in mind that the main cost of carpentry is in the finishing, the savings from keeping the carcass is minimal, maybe 20% at best.

Also, check on the interior for any hints of waterlogging, mould, or insects (especially termites).

And if you are replacing the hinges, use the ones with integrated dampeners.

Hi gianfrance and the rest,

I have the same plan as Gianfrance to replace the wardrobe doors, but the problem is the edge and bottomm of the wardrobe.

I wonder how can it be replaced with to match the new doors.

May i know if you have done the replacement of wardrobe door?

Can share some pictures and cost for doing so?

Thanks.