Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

2nd ID came yesterday for photo-taking of the beams, columns, defects etc, anything he felt relevant in helping him design our dream home.

Awaiting their draft and quotes before final decision.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Anybody got any reviews (good or bad)on Atlantis Lifestyle solely for their interior designs? Found negative reviews on their marine aspect (landscape fish tank) for 2010. Wondered if workmanship any good for interior designs.

Maybe can try Simon Interiors. Is the ID Donny See?

Hi, Battle. Sure will share one :P I've learnt alot from this renotalk chat. When my time comes, sure will contribute back to forum :D.

Yoi SzeHui. I have 4 recommended ID/contractor on hand. So far, I've approached 2 IDs who have yet to get back to me on layout/quotes. I have not contacted the other 2 who are contractors. One of them is doing work for an "intensively advertised" ID company. Got phobia dealing with contractors direct liao. Think we will see the 2 IDs presentation 1st.

Past week see me going through bkshelves, wardrobe etc to see what clutters to discard and nagging the other 3 members to do the same. This is to minimise having to provide excessive storage spaces during renovation.

Edited by LLChing

Have been busy visiting libraries in CCK, B Batok, Clementi, Jurong E, Jurong W, Woodland and Natl Library for Feng Shui bks. As I have also been trying my hands on the layout planning, I tried to incorporate the most basic Feng Shui principles into it too... not easy leh!

Will show B Lo my "idea/layout" when he comes by this week and see what magic he can perform :rolleyes:

Have been happily and fruitfully viewing other people's blog and totally neglected my own 8|

After rejecting one certified ID, forgoing another popular but no-show ID, I hope the 3rd ID, Andrew from Designer Guy can induce some chemistry with the rest of my family tomorrow night. Through our teleconversation, he sounded like an honest and responsible person. Action wise, he's fast and decisive.

Maybe u want to try this guy call Sky Chong frm Basic Image interior. My frend found him from recommendations in renotalk. Quite nice and patient as well.

Have been happily and fruitfully viewing other people's blog and totally neglected my own 8|

After rejecting one certified ID, forgoing another popular but no-show ID, I hope the 3rd ID, Andrew from Designer Guy can induce some chemistry with the rest of my family tomorrow night. Through our teleconversation, he sounded like an honest and responsible person. Action wise, he's fast and decisive.

Tell me about it after you meet him tomorrow lah. if he no good to you, let me know. i will scold him cos spoil my name to recommend then don't do a good job. heheheeh...

Dmedr.jpg?2

MBR Toilet

uLodl.jpg

My current living room

e7Tqj.jpg

Kitchen

6ivYA.jpg

Balcony

My hubby gave me a hands-on lesson of how to upload photos taken with my camera. This is in anticipation of my future postings when actual renovation starts. :rolleyes:

@May - I think this time, it will work. He is rather easy to talk to.

You current place looks so clean and new. What you plan to Reno?? Haha.... Maybe kitchen cabinet is old design but seem still very good condition leh. Hehe.... Especially the marble flooring! I love marble.... But no money for it.

Ok ..ok.. confession time :rolleyes: I like housekeeping :wub: . Generally, most fixtures you see are already 14 yrs old. The teak wood sofa set is 22 yrs old while the 26 yr old marble floor was from the original owner. Having 2 young kids and only 3 weeks to spare, a most basic renovation was done 14 yrs ago.

The house is functional but lacks excitement. I have been repainting walls and pipes :paint: every 2 yrs, shifting furniture around every 2 months, accessorize and whatnots to create a sense of "newness" and I must say, I have ran out of ideas and energy :~ . No more strength to push and pull liao.

Though neighbour below hasn't complain about leakage, I think it is time to change the 2 toilets to be more "lady friendly". We have problem of not having enough as well as wrong positioning of power points too. My children had also asked for an entertainment room :jammin: while my hubby wants a home office. Aiyo! So many demands ... might as well do everything once and for all :yeah:

Haha.... Move furniture every 2 months? Repaint every 2 years? Ok ok.... Then I hope you will renovate to what u and your family loves that you won't move like that for a long long time. Hehe.....