Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

See heng sway, but normally women have the advantage. Act pitiful in front of the HDB officer, they will remember your name, and things will process very smoothly.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

See heng sway, but normally women have the advantage. Act pitiful in front of the HDB officer, they will remember your name, and things will process very smoothly.

but on 2nd appt, another hdb officer was so nice to me. he spoke to me nicely and processed my paper work first. he wasnt that friendly to the sellers.

I think area office HDB officer got different mindset. They'e got to see sooo many people's problem (mostly the same like spalling, efflorescence of concrete, leaking pipes etc since it is the same OLD estate)that they became immune to any requests and have a fixed format answer to every problem. Eg my case: Spalling at kitchen ceiling was so bad that my 6 hooks cast iron bamboo holder came crushing down one day. Called and officer came and told me "don't hang your clothes there lor. Hang at the balcony". Asked him, cooking how? "Then don't cook lor, can buy from outside"???????? :bangwall: :bangwall: Don't know whether he was joking with me but subsequently after no further action from him, I wrote an email regarding the status of my spalling ceiling. Within a week, contractor came and do up my ceiling. I think that officer retired this year liao.

I think area office HDB officer got different mindset. They'e got to see sooo many people's problem (mostly the same like spalling, efflorescence of concrete, leaking pipes etc since it is the same OLD estate)that they became immune to any requests and have a fixed format answer to every problem. Eg my case: Spalling at kitchen ceiling was so bad that my 6 hooks cast iron bamboo holder came crushing down one day. Called and officer came and told me "don't hang your clothes there lor. Hang at the balcony". Asked him, cooking how? "Then don't cook lor, can buy from outside"???????? :bangwall: :bangwall: Don't know whether he was joking with me but subsequently after no further action from him, I wrote an email regarding the status of my spalling ceiling. Within a week, contractor came and do up my ceiling. I think that officer retired this year liao.

hahhaa....idiot! then u never ask "can i write a complain letter against you"

I see him old man mah, should be retiring very soon. Afterwards his pension gone because of my complain, then I may have to "feed him" leh! haha.

No lah! I always give people 2-3 chances before I REALLY complain. Then hor, sure die one!

I see him old man mah, should be retiring very soon. Afterwards his pension gone because of my complain, then I may have to "feed him" leh! haha.

No lah! I always give people 2-3 chances before I REALLY complain. Then hor, sure die one!

wait long2 his pension will be gone. hahahha...i am complain queen.

I know HDB officers can be quite slack at times. They do things at their own pace, but not all are like that. Depends on which area office. Bishan branch is quite on the ball, not sure why. Maybe too many rich people staying there, so their attitudes have to change to the better, otherwise got complains everyday.

@ Battle : Wahahahaha ... Alamak!! You really wicked lah! I laughed till my pants almost drop :D

Actually, as long as we don't produce noise, drip water, throw things down, don't cook smelly food like belachan, they are ok one. So, we only broke rule no: 1. Ok .. sometimes maybe rule no: 4 too. I would braise pig trotters in sweet, black vinegar during rainy season.

wah 猪脚醋 yum yum.... :dribble: :dribble: :dribble:

Anyway, since you stay above them, your cooking smell will only travel up mar, not down right ? ...

Not wicked lar. I can't remember i heard this story from who liao. Her neighbor always complain to them that their Son always play computer till late night and very noisy. They even report police. And BEST things is that their son always play computer game with headphone on. Than even when police come, police also can't hear anything. And among the neighbors, this family is the only one that hear noise at night. mmmmmmmmm... so the verdict is... :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: "阿飘"................. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Ah Hah! Battle, you're back! Andrew will be back today from China. Gonna get my hands on him tomorrow regarding my reno permit.

We seems to be able to smell everyone's breakfast, lunch and dinner leh. :dunno: Got used to it liao.

Ah Hah! Battle, you're back! Andrew will be back today from China. Gonna get my hands on him tomorrow regarding my reno permit.

We seems to be able to smell everyone's breakfast, lunch and dinner leh. :dunno: Got used to it liao.

Makes me drool sometimes when neighbour fries chix wings, luncheon meat, fish, etc. :dribble:

Makes me drool sometimes when neighbour fries chix wings, luncheon meat, fish, etc. :dribble:

yes, me too. after i smell what my neighbour downstairs is cooking, i feel like cooking the same too. :dribble:

Schedule for Monday 23/4.

Andrew will pick us up, go Soon Bee Huat at Toh Guan to look at tiles. We can go a 2nd time if undecided. Then we will go Geylang to look at toilet stuff. In order to convince me not to waste money changing my windows and grilles, he insisted that we go to a newly reno flat done by him in Toa Payoh and see for myself the difference between new and old aluminum windows. Can see workmanship as well. Another 2 more booklets of lamination to choose from.

Then back to our house for measurements again and sort out any small details. Told us he will be spending almost the whole day with us that day so that everything will be well prepared ahead of time.

Andrew will pick us up, go Soon Bee Huat at Toh Guan to look at tiles. We can go a 2nd time if undecided. Then we will go Geylang to look at toilet stuff. In order to convince me not to waste money changing my windows and grilles, he insisted that we go to a newly reno flat done by him in Toa Payoh and see for myself the difference between new and old aluminum windows. Can see workmanship as well. Another 2 more booklets of lamination to choose from.

Then back to our house for measurements again and sort out any small details. Told us he will be spending almost the whole day with us that day so that everything will be well prepared ahead of time.

very good ur contractor!

i prefer SBH tiles... more choices.... and they allow the change even though it has been delivered and then tiler realised its uneven.

old aluminium is really better... too bad that he is not bringing you to my place. then i can show you the difference between old and new cos i didn't change some windows and i change some. hehehehe...

Huh? You mean this is not normal practice hah? Andrew is not an ID even though he knows how to draw abit. He is a technical cum sales cum co-ordinator.