Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

Just found out that Hafary had a branch at the West too. Quite near my place some more. May drop by later to see whether they have the mosaic I like so much. Went to SBH yesterday again with my hubby to see if we can get a substitute - no such luck. Got 2 more sample tiles though. Cos it was 1 1/2 hour b4 closing time and we are the only ones there, we have the whole group of staff serving us!!

Andrew will drop by tmr for measurements and see what new tiles we are also considering. Gave us 4 books of the laminates to browse through these few days as well as Nippon Paint catalog to shortlist colour scheme. Told us there is no colour limitation but too many colours used in one house can be very scary one. Eyes gone blurred and running out of colour tabs liao.

He was totally not satisfied with the 3D drawings and was not keen to show us. But he obliged and yeah... we were not satisfied either. Many errors and we were laughing over the ridiculous use of laminates. There were 2 drawings for the kitchen, 1 for the living room, 1 office area, 1 MBR, 1 entertainment room, 1 girl's bedroom. Ehh .. din see drawings of the 2 toilets leh!?

Hafary has a fb page and there are some nice mosaic photos I remember. Can try see.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Schedule for Monday 23/4.

Andrew will pick us up, go Soon Bee Huat at Toh Guan to look at tiles. We can go a 2nd time if undecided. Then we will go Geylang to look at toilet stuff. In order to convince me not to waste money changing my windows and grilles, he insisted that we go to a newly reno flat done by him in Toa Payoh and see for myself the difference between new and old aluminum windows. Can see workmanship as well. Another 2 more booklets of lamination to choose from.

Then back to our house for measurements again and sort out any small details. Told us he will be spending almost the whole day with us that day so that everything will be well prepared ahead of time.

Congrats. Looks like things are progressing and taking its shape soon...

Ah Hah! Battle, you're back! Andrew will be back today from China. Gonna get my hands on him tomorrow regarding my reno permit.

We seems to be able to smell everyone's breakfast, lunch and dinner leh. :dunno: Got used to it liao.

Yup. Got back and now starting to visit RT again ; p :sport-smiley-004:

Your contractor is indeed very good... still need to convince you not to waste money. Can tell he is a very responsible guy!

Yup... That's very very true.

After our 1st appointment, we arrange both of us to view the seller house. Both seller & him convince me NOT to remove the cornices, not to re-wire the house, not to remove the original shoe cabinet and store room in the recess area that the owner have done up when he move in !!!............ (cause the condition is too good to be true)

there are few other NOT to, will see how after I collect keys... so actually, my total renovation cost will drop a lot further...

After all these NOT TO, his quotation will start to strike off here & there liao.... ; p :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Such ID/Contractor, where to find ???

Yup... That's very very true.

After our 1st appointment, we arrange both of us to view the seller house. Both seller & him convince me NOT to remove the cornices, not to re-wire the house, not to remove the original shoe cabinet and store room in the recess area that the owner have done up when he move in !!!............ (cause the condition is too good to be true)

there are few other NOT to, will see how after I collect keys... so actually, my total renovation cost will drop a lot further...

After all these NOT TO, his quotation will start to strike off here & there liao.... ; p :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Such ID/Contractor, where to find ???

then you can do other things loh... that you never initailly wanted to do.... hehehehe... make some other places nicer?

then you can do other things loh... that you never initailly wanted to do.... hehehehe... make some other places nicer?

Will see how ba. Likely will want to save up those for other electrical appliances that will need to buy. i.e. wine fridge, coffee maker ... .. . (the list goes on ; p ) + some other DIY projects in the future.

Due to Andrew's "bad temper," his ID resigned. Every time made errors even after being reminded. Andrew tak boleh tahan and told ID to be more conscientious in his work. ID not happy, so left lah! Don't know who did mine but really cannot make it one. Maybe the ID wants to sabo Andrew B4 leaving????

Error1: Just because we are converting the balcony with 6 panels window into an office does not mean that we're having all the windows blocked up and turned it into an enclosed room! :bangwall: :bangwall: Error2: Whole house only 2 colours - 90% beige and 10% dark brown from ceiling to floor, including all laminates for cabinets. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Andrew told us his idea and we are quite game. He'll asked his carpenter to help too. Meanwhile, I'm also giving him my 2 cents worth.

Due to Andrew's "bad temper," his ID resigned. Every time made errors even after being reminded. Andrew tak boleh tahan and told ID to be more conscientious in his work. ID not happy, so left lah! Don't know who did mine but really cannot make it one. Maybe the ID wants to sabo Andrew B4 leaving????

Error1: Just because we are converting the balcony with 6 panels window into an office does not mean that we're having all the windows blocked up and turned it into an enclosed room! :bangwall: :bangwall: Error2: Whole house only 2 colours - 90% beige and 10% dark brown from ceiling to floor, including all laminates for cabinets. :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Andrew told us his idea and we are quite game. He'll asked his carpenter to help too. Meanwhile, I'm also giving him my 2 cents worth.

Andrew have bad temper? i think he is one of those that are quite good temper already leh.

I told him to let me know how to get 3D drawing software and maybe i can do free lance for him to draw 3D and earn extra income. hahahahaah.. don't know whether it would work or not. hhhmm.... :unsure::unsure:

what is his idea that you need to be so daring to be "game" on it?

Asked him that too about using freelancers. He said freelancers cannot scold and not willing to change their designs. He wants a permanent staff who is willing to listen to constructive criticism either from him or clients.

HOLES.. for now .. hahaha. His mind is always changing and we'll just let him comes out with his final presentation. Funny! You'll know he's changing his mind again when he asks impromptu : You like rough surfaces? You like woodgrain? You like holes? You don't like chandeliers, right?

Asked him that too about using freelancers. He said freelancers cannot scold and not willing to change their designs. He wants a permanent staff who is willing to listen to constructive criticism either from him or clients.

HOLES.. for now .. hahaha. His mind is always changing and we'll just let him comes out with his final presentation. Funny! You'll know he's changing his mind again when he asks impromptu : You like rough surfaces? You like woodgrain? You like holes? You don't like chandeliers, right?

hhmm.... but perm is not easy to find with his budget leh.... nowadays all wants high salary, little job.

he is still thinking lah... but fun to do it that way.

Waahoo :dancingqueen: . All hacking approved :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Final measurements done for the 2 toilets. Won't bother them till reno time :D Initial selection of laminates done for kitchen top/bottom cabinets, rebuilt storage area's sliding door, workstation and bookshelves, shoe cabinet cum storage cum TV console. He'll try to input them into the 3D drawings and present them next Tuesday. If not nice, choose again.

Laminates not selected yet for breakfast table cum storage, MBR's wardrobe, sliding door into WIW for girls' room, WIW shelvings, TV feature console in entertainment room and 2 low CD/DVD cabinets. Rooms should be easy to choose. Andrew says he'll come and disturb us once a week till reno time, then we'll be introduced to his coordinator who will be assisting him.

Have to re-select the wall and floor tiles for the common toilet.

Yesterday's meeting was from 8.30pm to 12.30am.

Maybe he is those traditional Chinese : 外圆内方...

Next discussion will ask him for the specific 3D software name. At lease for my own place I can draw on my own, rather than letting the ID draw liao, change here change there, not according to specification. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Or maybe he can start-up an ID firm on his own, at least can have better control.

Join venture !? ; p

Maybe he is those traditional Chinese : 外圆内方...

Next discussion will ask him for the specific 3D software name. At lease for my own place I can draw on my own, rather than letting the ID draw liao, change here change there, not according to specification. :sport-smiley-004: :sport-smiley-004:

Or maybe he can start-up an ID firm on his own, at least can have better control.

Join venture !? ; p

he have the 3D software, cost him more than 10k for the 3D software, for 1 copy. :jawdrop: He says there are pirated but he is using the original software loh.

He used to have one drafter (cannot called designer cos all the person do is draw 3D) based on his feedback. real designer will know how to draw 3D and think of designs....

he have the 3D software, cost him more than 10k for the 3D software, for 1 copy. :jawdrop: He says there are pirated but he is using the original software loh.

He used to have one drafter (cannot called designer cos all the person do is draw 3D) based on his feedback. real designer will know how to draw 3D and think of designs....

i see my 3D also cannot make it. the dimension dont look right. the colour dont look right. the texture dont look right. dont know 3D for what. like this i prefer drawings on paper. at least i can see the dimension.