Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

My contractor said if we need the 3D drawing, will take 1 week. I told him don't need lah, I don't want see 3D drawing, just give me the draft drawings.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

i see my 3D also cannot make it. the dimension dont look right. the colour dont look right. the texture dont look right. dont know 3D for what. like this i prefer drawings on paper. at least i can see the dimension.

its all depends on the person that does the 3D. not all are able to do the 3D properly.... some really lousy... like mine (which was Andrew's old staff). The new guy was better but also quitted.

its all depends on the person that does the 3D. not all are able to do the 3D properly.... some really lousy... like mine (which was Andrew's old staff). The new guy was better but also quitted.

I think not nice might as well dont do. Look so ugly I wont be proud to show my customers. heee

Went to Hafary at Tradehub 21 and 3rd time to SBH yesterday. Managed to re-select our tiles for the common toilet at SBH. Had also made reservation for all needed tiles in case no stock again.

Already started moving our "hardly use but need to keep" barang to my sister's place for storage. Hopefully by reno time, we don't need to hire a mover company. Big items will only be our 37" TV, fridge and washing machine.

Acckkk! Happy too soon. It seems that hacking of one of the wall is not approved. Puzzled why not approved because the hacking is only for 2/3 of a wall (more like an enlarged door opening) underside the RC beam. Will reapply again. Keeping fingers crossed.

Ah ha! HDB architect's reason for not approving the hacking of store/bedroom wall is due to potential fire hazard (flammables may be stored). As this is a HDB guideline, doors are also not allowed for walls separating store and bedroom. However, converting store into WIW is a different issue. If we are aware of this earlier, our 1st application would have be more specific, then no more hassle of re-application for rejected item. :dunno:

Ah ha! HDB architect's reason for not approving the hacking of store/bedroom wall is due to potential fire hazard (flammables may be stored). As this is a HDB guideline, doors are also not allowed for walls separating store and bedroom. However, converting store into WIW is a different issue. If we are aware of this earlier, our 1st application would have be more specific, then no more hassle of re-application for rejected item. :dunno:

I had the same rejected application for hacking too. But no choice, just have to reapply. Don't be upset, still got time before yr Reno starts.

Finally! :dancingqueen: Laminates chosen for all the rooms yesterday. Andrew will get back to us with the updated 3D drawings once ready. That guy needs to spend more time with his family. Luckily his wife is supportive.

May - Reminded Andrew to send you a BIG hamper :sport-smiley-004: next CNY since you've been introducing friends/RT to him. Kekeke.

Finally! :dancingqueen: Laminates chosen for all the rooms yesterday. Andrew will get back to us with the updated 3D drawings once ready. That guy needs to spend more time with his family. Luckily his wife is supportive.

May - Reminded Andrew to send you a BIG hamper :sport-smiley-004: next CNY since you've been introducing friends/RT to him. Kekeke.

ya, i know. he is too hard working. Wonder how his wife and family can take it that he have almost 0 time for them. poor thing...

i thought he would at least send me a hamper this CNY since i intro a few ppl but he didn't. :bangwall::bangwall:

@May: Haha .. I reminded him cos he received a call from your friend while he was at our place this Tues and he told us another one recommended by you. Quote: May will be expecting a BIG hamper from you for CNY ... keke.

Question 1: Is it normal for day and night curtains to run on 2 different tracks - night on a higher one while the day curtain on a lower track about 4" lower? It was done by a relative who is in the curtain business but I'm not gonna ask him to do ours after seeing the end product in another relative's place. Any recommendation, anyone? Only need curtains for the 3 bedrooms.

Question 2: Anyone ever use those standing steam iron normally used by boutique or departmental store? Any good?

@May: Haha .. I reminded him cos he received a call from your friend while he was at our place this Tues and he told us another one recommended by you. Quote: May will be expecting a BIG hamper from you for CNY ... keke.

Question 1: Is it normal for day and night curtains to run on 2 different tracks - night on a higher one while the day curtain on a lower track about 4" lower? It was done by a relative who is in the curtain business but I'm not gonna ask him to do ours after seeing the end product in another relative's place. Any recommendation, anyone? Only need curtains for the 3 bedrooms.

Question 2: Anyone ever use those standing steam iron normally used by boutique or departmental store? Any good?

hahaha.. thanks for the BIG "hint". hope he will understand! :yamseng:

Q1: I have 2 different tracks for day and night but they are at same height. no difference of higher or lower leh. if higher or lower, it would look very ugly when you draw the curtains, isn't it?

I use MGL curtains, quite a few people here uses them as well. The shop is at Eminent plaza along lavender street.

Q2: Yes, i have those steam iron. i used for 2-3 times and i gave up. its take very long to get it straight and when you keep it in the wardrobe, it get wrinkles faster than those normal iron. don't like it at all :curse:

hahaha.. thanks for the BIG "hint". hope he will understand! :yamseng:

Q1: I have 2 different tracks for day and night but they are at same height. no difference of higher or lower leh. if higher or lower, it would look very ugly when you draw the curtains, isn't it?

I use MGL curtains, quite a few people here uses them as well. The shop is at Eminent plaza along lavender street.

Q2: Yes, i have those steam iron. i used for 2-3 times and i gave up. its take very long to get it straight and when you keep it in the wardrobe, it get wrinkles faster than those normal iron. don't like it at all :curse:

Actually good and easy to use for ladies blouse (non shirt material). Very fast too!

Hacking permit 2nd time rejected due to HDB/architect did not notice that our contractor had mentioned storeroom became WIW. Saw only the key words "demolition underside RC beam". See how HDB is going to rectify their own mistake.

My long time "agent became friend" is helping us secure a 5 rm flat for 2 mth. Negotiating with owner. Keeping my fingers crossed. If not, I've to settle for a serviced apartment near Raffles Hotel for 7 weeks at a much higher rent. Once housing is settled, I'll be free of worry.

Went to JCube's new Japanese furniture store Franc Franc and fell in love with a very simple 2 pc fabric sofa settee ($550 + $800). It is high enough for vacuuming underneath and the legs are made of wood (oak, I think)!! :good: Franc Franc will also open a bigger outlet (3X that of JCube)at vivocity in June. More Japanese furniture there :D . The store is rather like "I wanna go home" in Great World City.

@May: About the curtain tracks - yes, it is very ugly! It was a CNY gathering cum housewarming at a relative's flat and everyone was admiring how well the curtains were done up (curtain relative was there too). Our family were like ... uuhh .. those tracks ... something not right leh but we just kept quiet lah. Already done what! But I told my hubby, die die also won't get him, no matter how cheap. No aesthetic sense lol!

@Neoby and May: Thanks for the info on the steam iron. We are "cottony" clothes wearers. Mainly T-shirts, jeans, shorts and hubby's working shirts which is also cottony. Means I have to stick on to conventional ironing of 1 week twice. Sian. :(

Hacking permit 2nd time rejected due to HDB/architect did not notice that our contractor had mentioned storeroom became WIW. Saw only the key words "demolition underside RC beam". See how HDB is going to rectify their own mistake.

My long time "agent became friend" is helping us secure a 5 rm flat for 2 mth. Negotiating with owner. Keeping my fingers crossed. If not, I've to settle for a serviced apartment near Raffles Hotel for 7 weeks at a much higher rent. Once housing is settled, I'll be free of worry.

Went to JCube's new Japanese furniture store Franc Franc and fell in love with a very simple 2 pc fabric sofa settee ($550 + $800). It is high enough for vacuuming underneath and the legs are made of wood (oak, I think)!! :good: Franc Franc will also open a bigger outlet (3X that of JCube)at vivocity in June. More Japanese furniture there :D . The store is rather like "I wanna go home" in Great World City.

@May: About the curtain tracks - yes, it is very ugly! It was a CNY gathering cum housewarming at a relative's flat and everyone was admiring how well the curtains were done up (curtain relative was there too). Our family were like ... uuhh .. those tracks ... something not right leh but we just kept quiet lah. Already done what! But I told my hubby, die die also won't get him, no matter how cheap. No aesthetic sense lol!

@Neoby and May: Thanks for the info on the steam iron. We are "cottony" clothes wearers. Mainly T-shirts, jeans, shorts and hubby's working shirts which is also cottony. Means I have to stick on to conventional ironing of 1 week twice. Sian. :(

Ops... hate it when HDB reject hacking! since its not bold line, why reject? mine also applied 3 times only approved. Went hdb and talk to the officer in charge with a lot of "teah"-ing.

i also looking for new sofa..... show pic if you go there again. :sport-smiley-004:

everyone think its nice except your family? haahhahaha..... but it does look weird to have the tracks at different height. :wacko::wacko:

Our HDB officer seems to prefer dealing with man than woman. Both Andrew's admin staff Christine and myself kena from him. He is not helpful in explaining things. Only after I send an email under my hubby's name did he contact my hubby within the minute and explain the 1st rejection. He contacted my hubby immediately upon receiving the 2nd rejection from the architect.

I've got Franc Franc 14"X10" brochure here with me. Want me to send the whole thing to you? All prices included too. PM me your address if you want. :thumbs up: