Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

Hi LLChing,

I happen to read your blog about Zenterra. They are coming to my place for re-wiring next week. Do you know that they have standard quotation? I went to their shop in Jurong East last month and they pass me one quotation and say that this is their standard quote. They indicated in the quotation for $30 per lighting point, $40 for ceiling fan installation, $35 for 13amp single socket and $50 for 13amp double socket, Cat6 lan point is $90. You better call Ferrine to confirm the quote again.

By the way, they charge $8 for lighting installation. If you buy the lighting from them the installation is free.

Oh. Now I recall. They have up the price liao. Think just up not long ago. So both LLChing and myself are getting the new & more expensive price list.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Increase so much ah? :jawdrop: We have 26 light pts, 13 light looping pts, 3 single, 22 double, 2 LAN, 2 SCV and supposedly 37 lights to install. Andrew's initial estimation is abt $3.6K (certain items was omitted). When quotes came in, the total shows $3751 but after adding up the total just to be sure (my habit),the actual total is $4661. We even transfer all listed items onto excel and let the computer calculate in case both our eyes go "shoot the birds". Since Andrew is the one who decide the qty of lights, will have to ask him to re-assess liao. < lights = < pts = <$$ :rolleyes:

Increase so much ah? :jawdrop: We have 26 light pts, 13 light looping pts, 3 single, 22 double, 2 LAN, 2 SCV and supposedly 37 lights to install. Andrew's initial estimation is abt $3.6K (certain items was omitted). When quotes came in, the total shows $3751 but after adding up the total just to be sure (my habit),the actual total is $4661. We even transfer all listed items onto excel and let the computer calculate in case both our eyes go "shoot the birds". Since Andrew is the one who decide the qty of lights, will have to ask him to re-assess liao. < lights = < pts = <$$ :rolleyes:

Ya lor, after seeing the quote, I have drop the idea of doing network point liao. Will DIY in future since it is not really a necessity at this point in time.

Buying Cat6 cable & the connector box is much much cheaper than letting make soooooo much lor.

Even SCV point, I DIY, at least I know the quality of SCV cable I purchase. Coaxial cable really have too many different quality liao, really won't know what kind they used for our house.

Will go compare quotes ; p

if i based on your above and what i remembered as Ah Soon price, total should be less than $3.2k leh.

if i based on your above and what i remembered as Ah Soon price, total should be less than $3.2k leh.

Already make an appt with Ah Soon tomorrow night to walk through. Hopefully can give me a good quote.

Already make an appt with Ah Soon tomorrow night to walk through. Hopefully can give me a good quote.

yup, just tell him what you want and how many and he will write down and give you a quite quote.

yup, just tell him what you want and how many and he will write down and give you a quite quote.

I very sui one, most of the time I will map out in my floor plan and give it to anyone who need to provide me quote, so that he/she don't miss out anything ; p

I very sui one, most of the time I will map out in my floor plan and give it to anyone who need to provide me quote, so that he/she don't miss out anything ; p

i also map out on my floor plan but he still need to see the place to do his own estimation

i also map out on my floor plan but he still need to see the place to do his own estimation

Yup yup... Like that also better, cause there will be places that he might advice otherwise from his experience.

Busy busy week for me. siong siong...

Didn't go back to look see. Went for haircut instead :sport-smiley-004: Drop by at Taka, Muji at Ion, OG, Tangs and came away empty handed. Hubby must have been praying very hard ..

Ya lor, after seeing the quote, I have drop the idea of doing network point liao. Will DIY in future since it is not really a necessity at this point in time.

Buying Cat6 cable & the connector box is much much cheaper than letting make soooooo much lor.

Even SCV point, I DIY, at least I know the quality of SCV cable I purchase. Coaxial cable really have too many different quality liao, really won't know what kind they used for our house.

Will go compare quotes ; p

zenterra charges me $50 per LAN (Cat 5E) point in january. i added 6 points then.

Cat5E transfer rate is up to 400MB/S. i think Cat6 is at least 2.5 times faster. but Cat5E is good enough. i use media player to stream over network. No lag at all.

it is not difficult to DIY, but it will be ugly as you wil need new trucking. and maybe have to tear up existing trunking if it currently allows you to pass thru a wall.

Being technically challenged, we have decided to let Andrew handle the electrical for us. He will provide the plan layout with all the pts indicated, where to hide what etc. Our duty is to see, approve and pay up :D

Being Day 3 of hacking, I'll pop in at my place to make sure the correct walls are being hacked. Hubby went up yesterday and noted that the 2 toilets, kitchen floor, all carpentry and aircon are gone. Upstair neighbour praised contractor in charge of removing the wood works and aircon as being very responsible. The lift was swept clean. Won't know there is reno going on :good: Let's see if those removing the concrete debris are equally clean.

zenterra charges me $50 per LAN (Cat 5E) point in january. i added 6 points then.

Cat5E transfer rate is up to 400MB/S. i think Cat6 is at least 2.5 times faster. but Cat5E is good enough. i use media player to stream over network. No lag at all.

it is not difficult to DIY, but it will be ugly as you wil need new trucking. and maybe have to tear up existing trunking if it currently allows you to pass thru a wall.

Yup. Now that I have false ceiling at some area, some of my wiring trunking will be hidden and I will never have access to it in future. So can't even open it up to add in. Will have to think through where to place my Opennet box liao, than can plan if I need to pull A-B point Cat6.

Being technically challenged, we have decided to let Andrew handle the electrical for us. He will provide the plan layout with all the pts indicated, where to hide what etc. Our duty is to see, approve and pay up :D

Being Day 3 of hacking, I'll pop in at my place to make sure the correct walls are being hacked. Hubby went up yesterday and noted that the 2 toilets, kitchen floor, all carpentry and aircon are gone. Upstair neighbour praised contractor in charge of removing the wood works and aircon as being very responsible. The lift was swept clean. Won't know there is reno going on :good: Let's see if those removing the concrete debris are equally clean.

since now you got the quote that is not much more ex, then no need to worry about it lah. let andrew handle it loh. if anything wrong, look for him. Easy! hahahaha....

Yup. Now that I have false ceiling at some area, some of my wiring trunking will be hidden and I will never have access to it in future. So can't even open it up to add in. Will have to think through where to place my Opennet box liao, than can plan if I need to pull A-B point Cat6.

i find the opennet modem is stronger than my cable. so wherever i am in my flat, i have strong signal on my wifi. if really not necessary for running cables, then let the opennet be on wifi loh.

since now you got the quote that is not much more ex, then no need to worry about it lah. let andrew handle it loh. if anything wrong, look for him. Easy! hahahaha....

i find the opennet modem is stronger than my cable. so wherever i am in my flat, i have strong signal on my wifi. if really not necessary for running cables, then let the opennet be on wifi loh.

Ai ya, your house lay-out very perfect, won't have issue with WiFi. For me a little challenge, currently on 1 Desk-top, by next year, will need to get 1 more. (maybe 2 more) (Kids have more and more online homework !!!) & typical Desktop don't comes with Wifi & I would prefer LAN as it is easier, don't have to worry if wifi don't log-in and need to re-do for kids.

so think might need to pull just 1 A-B point ba. Got to crack my head to map liao... :bangwall: :bangwall: