Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
LLChing

Final "resting" Home In Jurong East

Oh... like that ar. Then when doing electrical work, say if you have 2 X double for your TV area supply, get them to split both Double to 2 different CU. So that it can take more load. If you have power Amp, Pre Amp, DVD player, media box, Surround Processor, etc etc, Say you have 4 X double, than at least split these 4 double to 2 or 3 or 4 CU so that the load don't goes to a single point.

For me, I have 2 X double at TV area, they will be split to 2 separate CU so that supply are more constant and minimise surge returning to the audio system. So for me, all TV, router, cable box, etc will use 1 X double, all Audio equipment will use another double.

Saw this when I was googling something : http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/1243139/all

Scary !!!

i am not sure my 2x double is linking to 2 CU or just 1. I think it might just be 1 CU. most of it are permanently on, like the fiber optic box, modem box and mio tv box.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Llching, I don understand y the total n the total u add up is so much diff

Because the staff had used their std quote format, up the rates for certain items, input the qty required and assumed that the total will automatically adjust accordingly. In our case, due to carelessness on their part, the totalling formula was not corrected. Hence the total still reflects the std rates and not the increased rates. If the staff had calculated manually the total, she would have realised the error. With the help of Lemonades' input, we are able to calculate how much Zenterra had up the items and how much our ID supposedly gets to earn. When we showed our findings to ID, he realised that on certain aspect, he too had been hoodwinked.

Oi Battle - you from Jupiter huh?? All these electrical jargons, I catch no ball lah!! :jawdrop: Have to get my darling girl to sign in and see what talking you :lol: Hehe, my frenz locked up her computer but when her son broke the lock to gain access for gaming, she pulled off all cables and slept on them, literally.

Haha May - It sounds like "box" or "boss" to me, don't know what :P It had to do with speakers near the ceiling.

i am not sure my 2x double is linking to 2 CU or just 1. I think it might just be 1 CU. most of it are permanently on, like the fiber optic box, modem box and mio tv box.

I was talking to Ah Soon last night & after some talking & Q&A, he explain to me more about the DB, hence from there, I start talking to him about how I want my double socket to be run so that it share the loading more balance. That's where I learn more about how they determine how many CU in the DB. (Water heater, Oven, heater, aircondition, all cannot share CU, so like me, 2 X water heater, 1 X over, 1 X aircondition, there will be 4 X CU for each, then if have more lighting point, more power socket, the DB box will be bigger lor).

Oi Battle - you from Jupiter huh?? All these electrical jargons, I catch no ball lah!! :jawdrop: Have to get my darling girl to sign in and see what talking you :lol: Hehe, my frenz locked up her computer but when her son broke the lock to gain access for gaming, she pulled off all cables and slept on them, literally.

Haha May - It sounds like "box" or "boss" to me, don't know what :P It had to do with speakers near the ceiling.

I from MARs :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: ; p

Wah, that's a good one. But later the son buy a set of the cable & hide it, your friends headache also ; p

Edited by battle

I was talking to Ah Soon last night & after some talking & Q&A, he explain to me more about the DB, hence from there, I start talking to him about how I want my double socket to be run so that it share the loading more balance. That's where I learn more about how they determine how many CU in the DB. (Water heater, Oven, heater, aircondition, all cannot share CU, so like me, 2 X water heater, 1 X over, 1 X aircondition, there will be 4 X CU for each, then if have more lighting point, more power socket, the DB box will be bigger lor).

I from MARs :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen: :sport-smiley-018: :sport-smiley-018: ; p

Wah, that's a good one. But later the sun buy a set of the cable & hide it, your friends headache also ; p

since i used him, i am sure he managed to arrange the CU properly for me. hahaahha...then i won't need to worry too much lah.... so far, no problem so will not have any problem at all. :sport-smiley-018:

since i used him, i am sure he managed to arrange the CU properly for me. hahaahha...then i won't need to worry too much lah.... so far, no problem so will not have any problem at all. :sport-smiley-018:

Ya, through the talk last night, he pretty nice and is very familiar with the regulation and share with me what's right & wrong, what can pass & what will fail :bangwall: :bangwall: (I have 1 item fail, but can have a work around)

I'm not suppose to put washing machine in bathroom, (regulation said can't have power socket in bathroom, not even with the cover). What I can do is follow instant heater style, build a box on top, cut the wire of washing machine & patch in, switch outside bathroom like heater. But by doing that, washing machine will VOID my warranty since I CUT their original wire & patch direct !! !! !! :bangwall: :bangwall: ZZZzzzzzzz..... .... ... .. .

Interesting

another lesson learned.

Ya, through the talk last night, he pretty nice and is very familiar with the regulation and share with me what's right & wrong, what can pass & what will fail :bangwall: :bangwall: (I have 1 item fail, but can have a work around)

I'm not suppose to put washing machine in bathroom, (regulation said can't have power socket in bathroom, not even with the cover). What I can do is follow instant heater style, build a box on top, cut the wire of washing machine & patch in, switch outside bathroom like heater. But by doing that, washing machine will VOID my warranty since I CUT their original wire & patch direct !! !! !! :bangwall: :bangwall: ZZZzzzzzzz..... .... ... .. .

Interesting

another lesson learned.

are you having power point on your island? i think that is also not legal one leh... hahahaa....

original wire being cut will cause the warranty to be void? hhhmm.....

are you having power point on your island? i think that is also not legal one leh... hahahaa....

original wire being cut will cause the warranty to be void? hhhmm.....

Hur !! !! !! ... .. .

WHY ... *faint*...

Don't know ley, Andrew suggest to have a double at the drop point, maybe listen to him lor, cause he said will do it to flush flat flat to look nice.

funny thing, that day when talking about cabinet with double socket, I was saying just put at the wall below the top cabinet, he don't agree and won't do it that way, cause it is not acceptable as it will look ugly and "bo standard" :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Ok ok... I give in, let him do the 'hidden' way. I think if I continue, he will scold me liao :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Ai ya, electronic item, anything you touch, they will say it void warranty. All depends on the guy who come service lar, good one he will give u many things, bad one everything also cannot !!!...

Hur !! !! !! ... .. .

WHY ... *faint*...

Don't know ley, Andrew suggest to have a double at the drop point, maybe listen to him lor, cause he said will do it to flush flat flat to look nice.

funny thing, that day when talking about cabinet with double socket, I was saying just put at the wall below the top cabinet, he don't agree and won't do it that way, cause it is not acceptable as it will look ugly and "bo standard" :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: Ok ok... I give in, let him do the 'hidden' way. I think if I continue, he will scold me liao :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Ai ya, electronic item, anything you touch, they will say it void warranty. All depends on the guy who come service lar, good one he will give u many things, bad one everything also cannot !!!...

hhmm.... not convenient to say here lah. later i kena from hdb to do illegal thing. haahaha... you asked Andrew, then he will tell you loh. hahahaha....

ya lah, your long island so swee, then you want to do sockets to make it look so ugly meh? then what for pay so much to do nice nice then let the power socket spoil the looks?

oh i see... hmmm..... then hopefully no problem with the washing machine then no need to worry abt servicing loh.

hhmm.... not convenient to say here lah. later i kena from hdb to do illegal thing. haahaha... you asked Andrew, then he will tell you loh. hahahaha....

ya lah, your long island so swee, then you want to do sockets to make it look so ugly meh? then what for pay so much to do nice nice then let the power socket spoil the looks?

oh i see... hmmm..... then hopefully no problem with the washing machine then no need to worry abt servicing loh.

Tonight will be meeting him to walk through the detail electrical & lighting plan. Base on the total number of hours he meet me, not too sure if my reno is still profitable for him ; p :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

Start to get a hang of things after moving in here on June 1.

Yesterday went to OSK at Eunos to look see. Intentionally meet Andrew(he was with another client) there to hand him his 2nd payment. Nothing to our likings, so hubby and I went to Balestier. To have a rough guide of how the pricings are like among all the numerous shops, we targetted one very commonly found ceiling light and start to compare prices.

Chan Huat had 10 shop units along Balestier and offers the cheapest if based on LP shown. The ceiling light had a LP of $78 (excl GST) and KDK 3 blade ceiling fan (44") is $175. Heard a gentleman quoting the wholesale price over the phone for the same KDK fan as $88 :jawdrop: . He even described the specification and all. However, not impressed with the salesman's "see us no up" altitude. :bleah: Kept introducing us to the old, clipped model, round ceiling lights which cost $37+ after GST. Even told us most lights brought in are not SISIR certified. No need wor!

Lights & Form concept doesn't display prices and none of the salespersons loitering around came to us. Same with those lighting shops at Shaw Plaza.

Prices for the same ceiling light (same design and length) ranges from $78 to $128.

Didn't find anything we like :unsure:

Start to get a hang of things after moving in here on June 1.

Yesterday went to OSK at Eunos to look see. Intentionally meet Andrew(he was with another client) there to hand him his 2nd payment. Nothing to our likings, so hubby and I went to Balestier. To have a rough guide of how the pricings are like among all the numerous shops, we targetted one very commonly found ceiling light and start to compare prices.

Chan Huat had 10 shop units along Balestier and offers the cheapest if based on LP shown. The ceiling light had a LP of $78 (excl GST) and KDK 3 blade ceiling fan (44") is $175. Heard a gentleman quoting the wholesale price over the phone for the same KDK fan as $88 :jawdrop: . He even described the specification and all. However, not impressed with the salesman's "see us no up" altitude. :bleah: Kept introducing us to the old, clipped model, round ceiling lights which cost $37+ after GST. Even told us most lights brought in are not SISIR certified. No need wor!

Lights & Form concept doesn't display prices and none of the salespersons loitering around came to us. Same with those lighting shops at Shaw Plaza.

Prices for the same ceiling light (same design and length) ranges from $78 to $128.

Didn't find anything we like :unsure:

try lifespace concept in midview city. if their 60-80% sale is stil one, you may be able to find some nice looking pieces at unbelievable prices. you should be able to see some reference pics in rogeryap's or the geylang apartment;s blog.

Went to check out on Lightings.com.sg at No: 16 Toh Guan Rd with my 2 girls and landed up buying all required lights except LED downlights from them. 6 pcs costs me $536.45 including GST with 1 table lamp thrown in FOC. :sport-smiley-018: This is a Philips concept store and prices are reasonable. Sales girl was very friendly, patient and obliging. What with my 2 girls monkeying around the shop 8|

Since Adamas is just around the corner, went in and saw Turbo stainless stain hood and hob at a package price ranging from $526. Salesperson says can lower a bit more. Is Turbo good, anyone? I hardly use oil in my cooking, so don't need a powerful hood. :dunno:

While at Novena Furniture Store at Shaw Plaza, salesgirl recommended a Four Star super single mattress which is 10" thick (Bottom is spring pockets and top layer is latex)selling at a promotion price of $1049. It comes with a PVC bed frame. Can choose higher or lower legs. Another 6-8" mattress with bed frame is selling at $599. Hmm.. since it is a Four Star GSS offer, I suppose other bedding store will be offering the same price. Still scouting :P I don't want to be force into buying branded, expensive bed sheets later because of the thickness of the mattress. :bangwall:

Since Adamas is just around the corner, went in and saw Turbo stainless stain hood and hob at a package price ranging from $526. Salesperson says can lower a bit more. Is Turbo good, anyone? I hardly use oil in my cooking, so don't need a powerful hood. :dunno:

i don't like turbo.. my mum uses a turbo stove, i find it heats rather unevenly.. too hot on some parts and not enough heat on others.

perhaps a lower end rinnai stove might be a better choice?