Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
filetofish

Hdb Resale 5Rm 12Yrs 121Sqm

Pondering if I should change the Bomb Shelter floor tiles...

6.jpg

I don't even consider to change mine, do you really want to change yours?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I don't even consider to change mine, do you really want to change yours?

My ID quoted $450 to overlay the bomb shelter tiles with the same tiles as my living room.

Sounds crazy expensive to me for such a small floor area and it doesn't even involve hacking away the existing tiles.

At such a price, I don't think I will be going for it.

I noticed some crack-lines on my MBR bathroom wall tiles... :curse:

6b.jpg

It doesn't look like crack lines. From the picture, the lines look very straight. Could it be intentionally?

It doesn't look like crack lines. From the picture, the lines look very straight. Could it be intentionally?

Oh, I presumed those were cracks... Lucky I have not complained to my ID yet...

Oh, I presumed those were cracks... Lucky I have not complained to my ID yet...

You check with your ID first. From what I see, they cut the tiles and make the side round to fit the pipes. The lines are too straight to be cracked

I think that is the only way to place the tiles around the pipe. So it should be intentional. By the way, filetofish, your place is nice.

You check with your ID first. From what I see, they cut the tiles and make the side round to fit the pipes. The lines are too straight to be cracked

I think that is the only way to place the tiles around the pipe. So it should be intentional. By the way, filetofish, your place is nice.

Thanks ayazumi and tankee for your advice. I'll check with my ID.

By the way, how often do you meet your ID or get updates from your ID during the renovation process?

Ya, I have mine also, but I didn't realise it until I looked back to the photo again.

Thanks ayazumi and tankee for your advice. I'll check with my ID.

By the way, how often do you meet your ID or get updates from your ID during the renovation process?

We SMS or call our contractor almost everyday on the renovation process and schedules. But he is not everyday going to my house to check, so we can't get updates from him daily. We are not very concerned about this too, because we are staying in my parents' house, which is two blocks away from our new house, so everyday after work, we can go to the house to check.

Funny ah, why they don't start the tiling in kitchen, bedrooms or toilets first? Why they start to do tiling from front door? Everyday they step in and out of the house, the front door tiles will easily get hollow. Do check the tiles especially near the front door for hollowness.