Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sleepengine

Ks's First House

Hi ppl,

Finally gotten my new flat at Ghim Moh Valley.

It’s a small 4 rm flat, abt 85sqm (Will upload the floorplan once I find out how).

My major concerns….

1) As I’m moving over from an old 5 rm flat, I’m hardpress to have a design that can store all the “junk” which I will be moving over.

2) There’ll be a two-year old running around the house so making is childproof is also top on my priority

Right now, still looking for ID.

I’ve only seen weiken (cos happen to pass by that day) and is waiting for their proposal, from the designer Jason.

Any other recommendation is welcomed.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

congrats! still waiting for mine to come...

I think TV facing the living window may get reflection? With the short wall between living and bedroom 3, I would suggest the dining table to be placed at the window and living space between dining and main entrance door.

Hi valarie,

Yes. The Mbr is really small. Weiken says the walking space is abt 40cm max.

I was really hoping there are other solution to this problem but guess the size is just too small.

are you doing a "baywindow" in the bedrooms? I see a 'ledge' in the main bedroom. Maybe the space is a bit narrow. can consider a decent one in the living room double up as sitting space.

Was thinking of bay window cos that space gonna have grills and curtain so gonna waste 10cm of floor space. so I thought might as well extend it to 50cm to make the gap more useful.

oh actually you can consider too to have a shallow cabinet(shelves type for folded clothings etc) if you are deciding to place it infront of your bed. at least there is a decent moving space and cleaning wont be a nightmare with narrow gaps. sliding door for cabinets due to space constrains.

Edited by yokechye

oh actually you can consider too to have a shallow cabinet(shelves type for folded clothings etc) if you are deciding to place it infront of your bed. at least there is a decent moving space and cleaning wont be a nightmare with narrow gaps. sliding door for cabinets due to space constrains.

when you buy the bed head board, have to make sure you get those designs that does not need the extra 10 cm. also, can try narrower tv console(or whatever carpentry) in front of the bed. if you can squeeze out 60cm, it should be pretty decent walking space. not ideal, but not bad.

I suggest you put your dining table near the balcony, then you place your TV console against the wall of the bomb shelter, your sofa at the other side of the wall, but people may see you sitting at sofa from main door. Alternatively, place your sofa against the bomb shelter wall, and TV on the other side of the wall. This will allows you to fully utilise the living room space.

Option 3 looks better. Build a shoe cabinet to block the front entrance from looking into your living room - where you will be sitting on the sofa