Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
pinkturtle

Our First Home & Keeping It Simple

I had shortlisted the same table :) Love the clean lines.

Btw, floorplans with dimension that are released by the developer is out on fb. It makes it easier to work with your contractor.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I had shortlisted the same table :) Love the clean lines.

Btw, floorplans with dimension that are released by the developer is out on fb. It makes it easier to work with your contractor.

The only floorplan I saw on the peak FB is the 4-room one. Where to find the others?!

Edited by firdooze

My hubby was saying that if we choose light coloured laminates, there will be dark lines around the edges? Is there a way to not have such lines? I've noticed this and it can be quite distracting. Is there a way to have a smooth edge finish like a solid wood console?

All my cabinets (kitchen cabinets, wardrobe, storage, shoe cabinet) are in high gloss white color laminates... my carpenter do all edges in ABS trimming until you dont see any dark lines.

All my cabinets (kitchen cabinets, wardrobe, storage, shoe cabinet) are in high gloss white color laminates... my carpenter do all edges in ABS trimming until you dont see any dark lines.

How much more did it cost you? Wonder whether it would cost a bomb? I realized that my mom's wardrobe is fully trimmed with ABS finishing too. Looks so much nicer but she couldn't remember the price as it was at more than 10 years back?

One other question for those who have custom made vanity cabinet in the toilets, what are the materials used for the insides?

The IDs we spoke to use white pvc finish for all the insides. The reason I ask is because won't the insides turn yellow because of the moisture? Will it be better if we laminate the insides too so as to make it last longer?

Would really love to hear some opinions on this matter. thxxx!

How much more did it cost you? Wonder whether it would cost a bomb? I realized that my mom's wardrobe is fully trimmed with ABS finishing too. Looks so much nicer but she couldn't remember the price as it was at more than 10 years back?

One other question for those who have custom made vanity cabinet in the toilets, what are the materials used for the insides?

The IDs we spoke to use white pvc finish for all the insides. The reason I ask is because won't the insides turn yellow because of the moisture? Will it be better if we laminate the insides too so as to make it last longer?

Would really love to hear some opinions on this matter. thxxx!

I cant tell you now because I have not receive the final bill for my renovation.

All my cabinet internals are using polyester laminates, not PVC; light grey for kitchen cabinet, ash wood grain for wardrobe and other cabinets.

I cant tell you now because I have not receive the final bill for my renovation.

All my cabinet internals are using polyester laminates, not PVC; light grey for kitchen cabinet, ash wood grain for wardrobe and other cabinets.

Sorry for my ignorance. What is the difference between polyester laminates & PVC? :dunno:

I know nuts about such things

Sorry for my ignorance. What is the difference between polyester laminates & PVC? :dunno:

I know nuts about such things

White PVC is very thin layer, very easy scratch, cheap and lousy quality. Polyester laminates is thicker, comes in smooth or wood grain texture. I can show you polyester laminates but i cant show you what is white PVC as I dont have any at my place.

From my limited knowledge and looking at my wardrobe, both old and new, I've noticed that nowadays, most carpentry comes with white PVC on the inside unless specified that polygon will be used. PVC is thin and stretchable. Easier to tear especially around the screws and if scratched by sharp edge objects. Polygon was used for all my older cabinets. It has a smoother surface, thicker and to me, more durable. It comes in different colours. Depending on the humidity and how often you clean the inside of the cabinets, both do turn slightly yellowish with age.

This is only from my own visual observation and regular care. :yamseng:

To counter the slight yellowish with age, have it done in other colors instead of white (light grey, wood finish... etc).

I see. I shall ask my ID if it's possible. Thanks!

Yesterday we signed up with our ID from Summit Design! Hope everything goes fine now... :yamseng:

And we bought lots of stuff from Ikea yesterday too. I will update some pics soon.

Sadly, our key collection will be on the first week of July. I guess we just have to wait.

Hi, are the cabinet frame/carcasses done up with ABS trimming as well? Usually I only see ABS trimmings on the door panels, but not the frames. When I enquire this with a contractor - the reason give was ABS trim panels do not come in such large sizes to cover the thicker frame panels. The alternative solution suggested was to use full-core laminates. Not sure if the contractor was trying to smoke me??

Hello! Welcome to the forum!

We were also contemplating similar designs but decided to give up the idea eventually. If you are thinking of having those vertical hanging consoles, you may want to reconsider as our ceiling height are not as high as those in other countries so the feel would be quite different from that in the pictures.