Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ORiN

Recommendation For System-3 Air Conditioner

To put the long story short, my 13-year old National system-3 air conditioner went up the lorry a few days ago. At the moment, my family is looking to replace it with a brand new system-3. Are there any recommended service provider to install, replace the old air conditioner and install the wooden board/plank that covers the wall that leads to the compressor?

I am looking at Mitsubishi or Panasonic System-3 inverter at the moment. The current wooden cover is already disintegrating.

One last thing, is CoolServe recommended?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Orin, the Aircon group buy previously managed by Aron now by Tim offers competitive prices for the 2 brands u mentioned. I've been looking at air con quotes too.

Coolserve is recommended by a former named Petunia if u google for her blog Coolserve is the subject of one of her entries.

I just saw a complaint regarding Aron & Tim in one of the threads. Not sure which to choose at the moment.

The administrator removed the complaint about Aron and Tim's company. I thought that bad experiences must be shared on this forum so that potential buyers are informed on their decision. Why is the administrator siding such companies?

The administrator removed the complaint about Aron and Tim's company. I thought that bad experiences must be shared on this forum so that potential buyers are informed on their decision. Why is the administrator siding such companies?

Not too sure either. No reason given by moderator?

I received an email from the complainant too. Think better not risk it. Aircon is such a heavy investment. I am having headaches choosing a right aircon as well as proper installer too.

I'm also looking for system 3 air con for an existing flat.

More than 10 years old and I think the piping need to be replaced with the insulation and wiring also.

Leaning more towards either Daikin or Mitsubishi Inverter.

I'm also looking for system 3 air con for an existing flat.

More than 10 years old and I think the piping need to be replaced with the insulation and wiring also.

Leaning more towards either Daikin or Mitsubishi Inverter.

I went with a nearby aircon contractor. The team that came over was quite professional. The leader of the group came into the house first to identify the locations all the units and the compressor. He also checked where the pipes are laid out. He did ask me if I want to keep the trunking as new trunking means I most likely need to repaint the rooms. He said if reuse then he can reuse them with minimal damage to the paint coating the trunking. Overall, the experience is pleasant. The contractor even replaced the boards covering the hole of single unit air-con that we took out.

I went with Panasonic inverter system-3. I was choosing between Panasonic and Mitsubishi.

I will post the details of the contractor once I get home from work.

Edited by ORiN

Hi all,

i agree that when getting air con, the installation and material used for the trunking is very important.

my own cousin is an air con installer for the past 15 years.

his advise to me is that for the big boys like GC, courts etc, they can offer very competitive prices and offer promos like 5 years warranty.

the problem is that they also have a large pool of installers working for them, and they can be from different companies, so its really up to your luck if you get a good or bad one.

as for 5 years warranty, it is def good to have but take note most time if your air con breaks down there is usually a waiting time from a few days to weeks before the repairman can come down.

so to cut the long story short, the bottom line to buying an air con is to make sure there is good reviews of past users regarding installation instead of just looking at which is the best price.

Hi all,

i agree that when getting air con, the installation and material used for the trunking is very important.

my own cousin is an air con installer for the past 15 years.

his advise to me is that for the big boys like GC, courts etc, they can offer very competitive prices and offer promos like 5 years warranty.

the problem is that they also have a large pool of installers working for them, and they can be from different companies, so its really up to your luck if you get a good or bad one.

as for 5 years warranty, it is def good to have but take note most time if your air con breaks down there is usually a waiting time from a few days to weeks before the repairman can come down.

so to cut the long story short, the bottom line to buying an air con is to make sure there is good reviews of past users regarding installation instead of just looking at which is the best price.

Here's my own experience with Courts 5 years warranty for my Sharp system 3 aircon.

I fully utilized their extended warranty each time the aircon broke down (always similar problem, blowing hot air). The technician came promptly, within 1 to 2 days after I lodge the report (outsourced to Song Kwang)

However, it's been 4 times in this year I called them and the problem is not solved yet and always said that it's due to the regular cleaning is not clean enough (to avoid any dispute for extended warranty, I used Courts contract service too to clean the aircon regularly, outsourced to Comfort Aircon)

Now, my aircon stop working at all (no more air coming out), they took the compressor unit and examined in their workshop for almost 3 weeks without any clear result when it will be back.