Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dinaanu

Sliding Door For Kitchen - 3Rm Hdb Flat

Hi! Can anyone advise me - i want to install a sliding door for my kitchen (3 rm HDB flat). The dimensions are 101 x 238 cm. Do you have any contractor to recommend? Approx. what did you pay for your door if it was similar? (and what materials were used?) thank you.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi,

I got my kitchen sliding door from Han Fong Aluminium - it's a dual panel becox the wall for concealing these doors (when not in use) is not wide enough.

(please click on this link to be directed to my blogging entry which would show u photographs of what they did for my flat)

Blogging title: Vanity Drawers & Kitchen Doors from Han Fong Aluminium Pte Ltd

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39552&view=findpost&p=716922

My dimension is smaller than yours by about 20cm both lengthwise & breadth as well. For dual panels, they are costlier @ more than $300. Aluminium casing with high-gloss PVC panels. However, if u are going for tempered glass, it's going to cost a bomb regardless of whether it's single, dual or triple paneled.

If you would want it classier with timber doors, you could get your carpenter to do it and that should come with any tracks at the bottom.

best wishes!

Edited by edenstrauss

Hi, Edenstrauss. thanks very much for kindly sharing your experience and info with me.

i eventually got the job done by Mix Box Interior Pte Ltd. (Contact person Mr Alex 9655 8838) and i must say i was very impressed by the good service they provided.

as you noted, my kitchen doorway was much taller and wider than normal doors. so Alex suggested constructing "U Box pelmets" (hollow false wall made of gypsum board) to lower and narrow the passageway. (this cost $80 + $50). They suggested I use the 'PD Door' which slides into itself, and then swings away, and it has no roller guides on the floor as it hangs. The quotation for the PD door was $400. So the total was $530. We were very pleased with the results.

perhaps i'll upload some pix of the final product soon.

best regards,

Dina

Hi,

I got my kitchen sliding door from Han Fong Aluminium - it's a dual panel becox the wall for concealing these doors (when not in use) is not wide enough.

(please click on this link to be directed to my blogging entry which would show u photographs of what they did for my flat)

Blogging title: Vanity Drawers & Kitchen Doors from Han Fong Aluminium Pte Ltd

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39552&view=findpost&p=716922

My dimension is smaller than yours by about 20cm both lengthwise & breadth as well. For dual panels, they are costlier @ more than $300. Aluminium casing with high-gloss PVC panels. However, if u are going for tempered glass, it's going to cost a bomb regardless of whether it's single, dual or triple paneled.

If you would want it classier with timber doors, you could get your carpenter to do it and that should come with any tracks at the bottom.

best wishes!