Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
weekuan7

Help! White Steak Stain On Tiles After Bleach

Hi,

Bleached my bathroom tiles with the cheap NTUC brand (blue bottle) and found white steak stain on the tiles after the wash.

Looking at the flow stain, I suspect that the grout (lines between the tiles) was dissolve slight and dried up while flowing down, thus causing the white streak stain.

The walls are smooth ceramic while the floor are rough ceramic tiles.

I tried to remove them with various household cleaner but did not help.

Googled also but did not find much.

Please help advise if you have any suggestion or solution.

Thanks!

IMG_2638-1.jpg

IMG_2636-1.jpg

IMG_2634-1.jpg

IMG_2643.jpg

IMG_2645.jpg

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi,

did u try using magic sponge? It's made in Japan & is sold in some hardware shops although Daiso has its version which isn't as effective in its potency for erasing stains.

However, I'm not sure if the magic sponge would be able to remove such bleaching stains. No harm trying.

I would normally cut a very mini section of it & add water & start rubbing off stubborn stains off my kitchen floor tiles.

Hope that it'll work for u too!

good luck!

Thanks for the suggestion. Will give it a try!

Hi,

did u try using magic sponge? It's made in Japan & is sold in some hardware shops although Daiso has its version which isn't as effective in its potency for erasing stains.

However, I'm not sure if the magic sponge would be able to remove such bleaching stains. No harm trying.

I would normally cut a very mini section of it & add water & start rubbing off stubborn stains off my kitchen floor tiles.

good luck!

Hi,

good luck!

If the magic sponge doesn't helps, probably u can try putting some bleach onto the magic sponge and try to bleach a small corner of the tiles, see if the white steak stain will go off. Do small area first.

Thanks for the suggestion, sandy. Will try it out if the magic sponge alone do not work.

If the magic sponge doesn't helps, probably u can try putting some bleach onto the magic sponge and try to bleach a small corner of the tiles, see if the white steak stain will go off. Do small area first.

Can any real user of the product provide an independent and unbiased review on this product: HCL89?

It seems like this product is recommended by the same users for numerous times.

You can use something called HCL89 to remove the stains on the tiles

You can get it from http://hcl89.atwebpages.com

Hope thsi helps you out :)

Can any real user of the product provide an independent and unbiased review on this product: HCL89?

I guess when a product is good, users will tend to recommend it to each other, ie (word of mouth)

Anyways i rememeber you are the one with the water stains in the below thread

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=58037&st=0&gopid=784326entry784326

By the way i used the HCL89 thing as i was having the same problem as you

but have i updated my post in the above thread