Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
madeline

Singaporean Husband+Foreigner Wife---Housing?

Hey I just wondering, Is there any different policy regarding buying HDB if a singaporean husband married a foreigner wife?... Will it be more difficult for him to buy flats?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey I just wondering, Is there any different policy regarding buying HDB if a singaporean husband married a foreigner wife?... Will it be more difficult for him to buy flats?

depends on whether the foreigner wife is a PR or not. If its a PR, then very easy, can buy any hdb flats, new or resale. OF course for new, there are income ceiling to meet, $10k for BTO and $12k for DBSS or EC.

if the foreigner wife is not a PR, then must have at least long term social visit pass or work pass. You can read the rules on hdb website.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatNonCitizenSpouseScheme?OpenDocument

depends on whether the foreigner wife is a PR or not. If its a PR, then very easy, can buy any hdb flats, new or resale. OF course for new, there are income ceiling to meet, $10k for BTO and $12k for DBSS or EC.

if the foreigner wife is not a PR, then must have at least long term social visit pass or work pass. You can read the rules on hdb website.

http://www.hdb.gov.sg/fi10/fi10321p.nsf/w/BuyResaleFlatNonCitizenSpouseScheme?OpenDocument

Thanks for your advice!

Any idea on how long will it take for a wife to get PR after married her singaporean hubby?

Coz it's not an agency marriage thingy..the wife has been studying in Singapore (mainstream secondary school---Jc---local Uni) and have a job here..(has been here for more than 10 years). So will it be faster to buy house or get pr?

Thanks for your advice!

Any idea on how long will it take for a wife to get PR after married her singaporean hubby?

Coz it's not an agency marriage thingy..the wife has been studying in Singapore (mainstream secondary school---Jc---local Uni) and have a job here..(has been here for more than 10 years). So will it be faster to buy house or get pr?

if the wife have been here for so long, should apply for PR now. Easily get PR for sure since uni also in SG and working here. get PR will take less than 3 months then can start to apply for new flat or buying resale.

buying flat, might take 1-2 months to go viewing, then depending on seller, whether they want to delay the purchase as they want to find another flat to buy so all in all, it might take another few months.

go apply PR immediately, then slowly go view flat. if lucky, the PR might be approved in 2 months.

The wife's PR got rejected after an invitation when she was in JC..at that time she has just been in Singapore for 5 years. May be it would be different now!! thanks so much for your advice may-dream :))

The wife's PR got rejected after an invitation when she was in JC..at that time she has just been in Singapore for 5 years. May be it would be different now!! thanks so much for your advice may-dream :))

the wife reject the PR or ICA reject the PR? if the wife reject the PR, this time might be slightly more difficult. if ICA reject then this time round, might be easier.

if got problem to go MP and tell the MP that really want to get PR. hopefully the MP is not hougang.

The wife's PR got rejected after an invitation when she was in JC

I don't quite understand what does it mean.

ICA sent invitation letter to the wife. Wife apply but got rejected?

OR

IICA sent invitation but the wife rejected it.

First one, This don't make sense.

Second one, neg point.

Don't mind I asking, the wife come from which country.

meaning: ICA invited her to apply for PR....she applied!! and a year later the result was not successful. May be it's depend on other factor also lah!! not quite sure what r the criteria.

And will propose to the MP helps? i havent heard of such cases

meaning: ICA invited her to apply for PR....she applied!! and a year later the result was not successful. May be it's depend on other factor also lah!! not quite sure what r the criteria.

And will propose to the MP helps? i havent heard of such cases

Now try to apply again then if unsuccessful, then go to "meet the MP" session to ask the MP (and his team) to write a letter to ICA.

I think when ICA invited her to apply during JC, that must have been a while ago since she continue on with university and working. So i don't think there will be any problem now.