Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
DreamerX

Rewire Whole Hdb Unit Need Testing From Pub?

Hi Bro and Sis,

I'm going to rewire my whole HDB unit, my contractor added a test perform by PUB and charge me $250. So, does the electrical testing is necessary after rewire the whole HDB unit?

thanks in advance..

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Bro and Sis,

I'm going to rewire my whole HDB unit, my contractor added a test perform by PUB and charge me $250. So, does the electrical testing is necessary after rewire the whole HDB unit?

thanks in advance..

good day,

not really. if you want to test by lew yes there will be a charge for that but you dont want the amount can wave off. as you not touching the main incoming so you dont need for testing. anyway $250 for lew testing is cheap.so depand on you want it anot.

oic... yeah. the incoming cable will be changed too. so, does the lew just test the incoming to the DB only or the whole wiring (from incoming to the end point)?

Hi Bro and Sis,

thanks in advance..

You must make sure they bring in a engineer from PUB to check and test your electrical wiring. Usually this PUB engineer is not needed if you did not move the Distribution Box (DB) cos there are strict rules to follow if you want PUB engineer to certified your electrical wiring like a minimum distance is require if you want to lay a power point near water.