Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
smartgold

York Aircon

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi, does anyone know where else we can get this York air con beside from Creation Air?

Creation air is the sole distributor for York currently. Any concerns getting from them?

My York system 4 aircon was installed a month ago and experience was very good their their stuff and workmanship. (Hope no issues down the road)

Creation air is the sole distributor for York currently. Any concerns getting from them?

My York system 4 aircon was installed a month ago and experience was very good their their stuff and workmanship. (Hope no issues down the road)

Hi Geneboi,

Are you using 17" aluminum gas pine? As far I know only Creation using aluminum instead of copper in the market. Do you upgrade the insulation? I am headache as my rennovation will be started soon, wondering thier workmanship is good? Do you mind to post some photos to share? TIA

I do not know much about air con, but I do have one concern is YORK does not has any servicing centre in Singapore, am I correct ?So will we run into spare part problems? Also I heard aluminium piping is not allowed in Singapore is that true? What do you guys think?

Hi Geneboi,

Are you using 17" aluminum gas pine? As far I know only Creation using aluminum instead of copper in the market. Do you upgrade the insulation? I am headache as my rennovation will be started soon, wondering thier workmanship is good? Do you mind to post some photos to share? TIA

I actually did start a thread on York Aircon as per below link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49732

I used aluminium piping, no upgrade. No concerns on workmanship, everything (piping, installation, after sales service) was prompt and good. Although has only been 1 month after instalation. Picture as below:

IMG_7048.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

Hello all

I am also considering using the York aircon. The industry experience seems to be there for the brand.

Anyone have any problems with York aircons ? (System 4)

I saw couple of comments that they are terrible but I do want to hear about your experiences as well.

Thanks for sharing !!

Hi, just install overall satis. But don't know why compressor is abit noisy. Johnson guys has been down to take a look through, he will write a report awaiting factory reply.

I actually did start a thread on York Aircon as per below link:

http://www.renotalk.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=49732

I used aluminium piping, no upgrade. No concerns on workmanship, everything (piping, installation, after sales service) was prompt and good. Although has only been 1 month after instalation. Picture as below:

IMG_7048.jpg

IMG_7051.jpg

IMG_7026.jpg

Hi Geneboi,

Do you encounter noisy compressor issue like humming sound? Can be quite irritating.

Very bad experience with York.

Bought my system 14 months ago to be exact. Noticed irregularities with the outdoor unit 8 months into the purchase. I contacted the vendor Creation Air but was advised that there were no major issues with the unit. At the 11th month, the condition worsened. Creation Air started stalling for time, came and apparently 'fixed' the issue. Two months later the outdoor unit failed COMPLETELY.

I contacted York directly and they diagnosed it as a outdoor PCB failure. This is the first time I have heard of such early failure of parts for aircon, the first amongst all the aircon I have used, not to mention that I am a frequent traveller and usage is very low.

Not only did I have to pay for the replacement part, I was told that the warranty is ONLY 3 MONTHS. Which means I am very liable to another failure 3 - 6 months. Extrapolated, this will amount to a lot of hidden costs.

I have not had many peaceful nights since buying York. Caveat Emptor

Hi all,

Let me share my experience using York aircon as well.

We bought the system 4 inverter some time in Mid 2012 and started experiencing issues with it since then. Two of the remote controls started to go bonkers after a few months of using it. Then the sound from switching off /on and changing of settings of one of the units, went haywire. It was not a nice firm beep but a crack beeps. Then sometime in late 2013 which is about 1.5 years after we installed, we noticed that the aircon wasnt cold. This was despite our low usage as we had wanted to conserve electricity (our utility bill was less than $70 per month). Got one aircon man (a third party not related to Creation) to inspect and he informed us the gas tank was empty. He stated that the installer (Creation) had used inferior piping products (aluminium instead of copper) which potentially could have caused the leakage of the gas but was unable to check where the leakages were because they were concealed under my false ceiling. The aircon man refused to do anything because he did not want to be liabile for anything that goes wrong. So we called Creation and their reply wasnt satisfactory. They said that we should not accuse them of anything as they have met the minimum requirements to use aluminium pippings and we have signed on the invoice for it. They merely sent one aircon guy to come down and top up the gas tank for us (we had to pay for it still) and just brushed us off by saying that there is no leakage. Now, my aircon is starting to feel hot again. Sigh, I highly suspect that there are leakages but am unwilling to tear down my false ceiling because of the poor workmanship and inferior pipping used.

As for the usage of aircon, I must say that the coolness is very very inconsistent. Sometimes hot sometimes cold. I so regret purchasing York aircon after using it. My experience using Mitshibishi was so so so so much better. My Mitshibishi did not give me any problem despite using for more than10 years.

So my piece of advice: go for Mitshibishi. It is worth paying the extra bit.

Edited by bibien