Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jennifer1979

Renovation Quote Pls Advise If The Quotation Is Reasonable

Hi All

I am very new. kindly help me to review the quote from one of the contractor. Not sure whether it is reasonable. Please help

My flat is 4A with 106sqm.

to supply labour to hack and dismantle 2 Nos washrooms wall and floor tiles and disposal of debris $1200

to supply and lay wall tiles for 2 Nos washrooms $3200

to supply labour to do water proofing and to lay floor tiles for 2 Nos washrooms $360

to supply and install aluminium naco windows for 2 Nos washrooms $560

to supply 2 Nos toilet bowls and 2 Nos wash basins $600

to supply 6 Nos Taps for 2 Nos washrooms $150

to supply labour to install 2 Nos toilet bowls and 2 Nos wash basins for washrooms $200

to supply and install cold water steel stainless pipes for living room and kitchen $750

to supply labour to dismantle existing cabinets in kitchen $350

to supply and install 5 Nos cabinet doors for kitchen washing basin and stove $450

to supply and install cabinet door to conceal PVC piping in kitchen $480

to supply and install up and down cabinets for kitchen (16 1/2 FT) $1980

to supply and install solid surface top for kitchen surface (7 1/2 FT) $600

to supply and install 2 sets of silver aluminium sliding windows with normal clear glass for bedrooms $600

to supply labour to dismantle wall in living room and cornices and to disposal $250

to supply labour to do chemical cement for living room wall tiles $220

to supply labour to do wall plaster for whole house $2000

to supply labour and materials to build L shape sound reduction partition wall with rockwool insert $2300

to supply labour and materials to do sealant and to do painting (ICI pentalite) $1800

to supply and install 1 to 2 mitsubishi air conditioner and compressor and bracket $2350

to supply and install and varnish timber door frame and nyatoh ply flush door with s/s knobset $480

to supply and install and varnish timber door frame and 1 1/2 leaf nyatoh ply flush door with s/s knobset $1100

total: $23,580.00

to supply and install build-in warerobe in master room (8 FT) $1920

to supply labour to install 11 Nos lighting points $330

to supply labour to install 16 Nos double sockets $960

to supply labour to install 1 No television point $50

to supply labour to install 1 No DB box $350

to supply labour to install 1 No A/C point $100

to supply labour to install 1 Nos heater point $200

to supply labour to install 1 Nos SCV point $450

to supply labour to install 11 Nos lighting $110

to supply labour to install 2 Nos heater $100

total: $2,650.00

and what should be the reasonable payment mode (10% deposit, 40% first payment, 30% second payment, 20% last payment)?

thousand thanks. please help

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

1. Did you choose the aircon, or did your contractor include it as part of his package? If so, it probably is a non-inverter aircon, which is a few hundred dollars cheaper than an inverter equivalent. You should double check.

2. I'm not sure what type of door you're getting. It's best to go to Yon Tat doors to do a comparison. There are a lot of doors, and the quotation description really doesn't tell you much. You've got to actually see and feel the door. Prices range from $250 to $1000+ each, so you really should do your homework here!

3. In fact, for all the parts your contractor is supplying, i think it's best to shop around and price the market. So stuff like sinks, toilet bowls, fixtures. At least have an idea of the market prices for what you're getting. I personally think contractors make the most money by giving you a "lump" quote for a few items. eg. installing and supplying toilet bowls. Many ways they can hide extra cost in that quote becaue it is not specific enough. More difficult if they broke it down further to labour cost, and item cost.