Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
v1hypersg

Positioning Of Aircon

hi,

can anyone advise if positioning aircon above cupboard is good ?

what are the chances of aircon drain pipe leaking ?

due to layout of house or size, aircon might have to be place on top of built in cupboard but worry that if aircon leak, will seep into cupboard and damage built in cupboard,

if position other side, then difficult to run the piping,

can some one advise

almostfinalwithaircon.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

http://imageshack.us/a/img689/4332/almostfinalwithaircon.jpg

blue box is existing aircon

green box is where i hope to change the aircon location,

as for living room, i thought the red box position is the best as it will cool the entire length

and i will also install ceiling fan at entrance to spread the cold air

Living room - depending on your floor area, one air con may not b sufficient to cool the living room. End up may use more electric consumption. U can ask air con man, they hv a way to cal if the air con is sufficient based on floor area. I don't know how to cal. My contractor cal for us. But that was yrs ago.

My current blower in the living room is directly above my sofa. Mine is Daikin n inverter. So I don't feel the air con as it is blowing at my tv. I have to on my fan to circulate the cold air.

Placing air con blower on top of cupboard is bad idea. Will u clean the top of the cupboard regularly? Else when the air con blows.... The dust will b blown down too. That aside, it's going to b a headache if it leaks. Chances of air con leaking depends very much on the workmanship of installing the piping, that's my opinion.