Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
SexyDolceVita

Any Recommendations On Refrigerators? With Inverter Or No Inverter?

Hi all,

I am finally ready to replace my family's 20-year-old Goldstar top freezer refrigerator with a new energy efficient one.

However, I need reviews and advice from some of you regarding several brands and models.

Please recommend me some brands and models you have used before.

Requirements:

- Within the dimensions of 67.5cm W x 178cm H x 68cm D

- Hopefully with inverter technology to save electricity costs

- Not too noisy

- Top Freezer or Bottom Freezer (Willing to try bottom freezer for a change)

- Not more than $1000

I went to Courts and Gain City nearby my house and looked at some models.

Within the space constraints I have, I have found some models below.

Please tell me what do you think about these models?

1) Mitsubishi Electric MR-V45C

Freezer-Chiller-Veg Drawer

63.5cm W x 177cm H x 67.6cm D

342 L, 613 kwh, 3 ticks

No inverter

Price: Harvey Norman - $969

2) Panasonic NR-BW465 XSSG

Chiller-Bottom freezer drawer

67.5cm W x 176.4cm H x 70.8 D

368 L, 442 kwh, 4 ticks

With inverter

Price: Gain City - $959

3) Samsung RT45LEPN

Top freezer-Chiller

Net W x H x D:

67cm x 178.8cm x 69.8cm

359L, 606 kwh, 3 ticks

Without inverter

Price: Courts - $799, Gain City-$719

Any other brands that you guys think I can consider too?

What about Hitachi, Fisher & Paykel, LG?

I am very pro-Inverter, as long as it helps me to cut down on electricity costs.

Please enlighten me! Thank you!

Cheers,

SDV

____

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

http://www.mitsubishielectric.com.sg/products/for-home/refrigerators.html

take a look on this site and compare. I would recommend Mitsibishi Brand especially the Folio series, for 11yrs till now still in very good condition. Whether is it inverter or not is not much a concern as the fridge is ON 24 hrs... Most important to me is that the reliability, quality. My last Mitsubishi Folio also last me about 16 yrs which is still in gd condition but I hv given away because of shifting to new home.

I'm planning to get the Panasonic but the smaller version of BW415.

I compared Mitsubishi vs Panasonic and opted for the Panasonic because of the bottom freezer due to my usage habits. Mom swears by both these brands. :sport-smiley-018:

1. I don't really cook so I don't use the freezer that much - I hate having to bend down most of the time since the "normal" compartment will be the one that I'll be using most often. Ergo, everything I usually use is more or less at eye level

2. I'm short so having to stretch up to get something heavy out of the freezer is a challenge, since they tend to be somewhat bulky and heavy. If i drop it, I may at most chip a tile but in the worst case, I can end up injuring myself. :rolleyes:

I think inverter or not, you should just look at the number of ticks. I was told by the guys at Audio House that the electricity bill per month differs by about $2 between 3 ticks and 4 ticks. Fyi, Audio House has the best price for these items so far but Gain City may be able to match their prices.

I know F&P is very good but my worry is when parts/servicing needs to be done - it may turn out more expensive compared to the other more common brands.

Thank you guys...for your posts!

I am now shortlisting the following models:

Mitsubishi Electric MR-BF43C Stainless Steel - 2-door (bottom freezer, top chiller, adjustable shelves)

Mitsubishi Electric MR-V45C Stainless Steel - 3-door (bottom veg drawer, top freezer, middle chiller, non-adjustable shelves)

Hitachi R-Z451EMSX Stainless Steel - 2-door (top freezer, adjustable shelves and ice box)

Toshiba GR-RG46SDZ (GU) Black - 2-door (top freezer, adjustable shelves) seems to have inverter technology because it has the Inverter signage on the front door. Trying to check with Toshiba.

Toshiba GR-R45SDVZ Silver - 3-door (top freezer, middle chiller, bottom veg drawer)

Warranty

Mitsubishi Electric has 5-year parts and labour warranty, 5-year compressor now until end of this month if I'm not wrong.

Hitachi has only 1-year parts and labour warranty, 5-yr compressor.

Toshiba is also 1-year parts and labour warranty, 5-yr compressor if I'm not wrong. Not sure...

Sigh... I really don't know how to choose...

Help me.

I bought the mitsubishi MR-V45C... At recently mega discount store atrium sale. The fridge is just nice for my small family of 4. :)

Hope u had made ur choice.