Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
KeysMaker

Home Is Where My Heart Is

Hi Peeps !

Been looking at many people t-blog and suddenly feel like writing my own... although my house is not very fanciful but I want to share with you guys...

welcome any ideas or comments !

Ok.. as usual, let's start with my floor plan.

floorplanv.jpg

I would kill for your unit layout.....my fave type

So many walls can be hacked.. Lols.

All the best to your reno journey.

Edited by Always Happy

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hey, u using nippon paint? After looking at your purple ceiling, I regret mine not done in that color. But mine very purple-ish for my mbr. My house aso no theme. Just have to do what we want.

Btw, did u build your own baywindow in the living room?

Kerlyn ! ya i also using nippon ... don really like dulux colour...

the one you see previously is not the final paint... now i attach the final painting of my mbr...

very dark... initally the first look i don like.. but hubby say he like alot... so no choice lor.. guess that colour gonna stay with us for a few years..

img1367ut.jpg

view from the black and white headboard

img1375ph.jpg

then i complain to my colleagues about the colour of the room... say very dark... then one colleague suddenly say ' dark? how dark? deep you mean? ' then i have an idea ! DEEP! its reminds me of royalty theme! maybe i can turn the room into somewhat royalty feeling.. at least that make me more happy...

so i went online to search for curtain design and shortlist below.

img1312mg.jpg

i will be choosing grey colour for this curtain.. any one can give me some idea what kind of fabric can produce 'royal' effect? i'm thinking of satin.. but seems like hard to maintain and more on the ex side..

Edited by KeysMaker

Next some update on my bedrooms... actually only got painting to show only la... hahah! because not gonna touch the other 2 bedrooms..

'Baby Room'

img1366lw.jpg

Nippon - 1111

'Entertainment Room / MJ Room '

img1365fx.jpg

Nippon - 1179

I like these two rooms better then my mbr... especially the orange-ish room!

Hubby says if i like can slp in that room lor.. :bleah:

hope the 'royalty' theme can make my mbr better! :bow:

Edited by KeysMaker

some minor update on my living room..

view from the front door.. notice the mirror and bench is up at the dinning area... sorry din manage to take pic of the dinning bench..

and Kerlyn, yes, i will be doing the bay window bench too... but contractor still haven put up the pvc cushion and stuff leh.. so nthing much to do at the moment..

although the progress is slow but so far i'm still happy with the workmanship...

img1364mz.jpg

close up view of the false ceiling

img1301r.jpg

Nippon - 1186

I would kill for your unit layout.....my fave type

So many walls can be hacked.. Lols.

All the best to your reno journey.

Thanks Always Happy! I LOVE your nick! so cheerful! :sport-smiley-004:

if u love my unit layout then come champions court @ woodlands! I believe many of my neighbours are having the same layout. Hahahha!

Keysmaker!!! When i saw ur floorplan, i said to myself, hey, looks like mine but mirror image... The svc yard door which swings inwards... Then the kitchen wall tiles....

Confirmed!!

Welcome to renotalk, neighbour!

Hi Peeps !

Been looking at many people t-blog and suddenly feel like writing my own... although my house is not very fanciful but I want to share with you guys...

welcome any ideas or comments !

Ok.. as usual, let's start with my floor plan.

floorplanv.jpg

Keysmaker!!! When i saw ur floorplan, i said to myself, hey, looks like mine but mirror image... The svc yard door which swings inwards... Then the kitchen wall tiles....

Confirmed!!

Welcome to renotalk, neighbour!

Hehe! Hi Sygnur! Hope your everything goes well in your renovation!

I think there are a few more neighbors posting t-blog in here too... :sport-smiley-018:

some update on the house.. looks like most of the things done already... left some minor stuff.. like kitchen and washroom accessories ..

'kitchen'

neat and nice - Minimalist :yamseng:

img1394rz.jpg

img1395kk.jpg

img1396t.jpg

kitchen sink, tap and dishwasher (Note: the glass door for dish washer not up yet)

img1397vq.jpg

img1398a.jpg

Edited by KeysMaker

next my master toilet, werid color combi.. lol

mistake upon mistake :furious:

first is the laminate.. chose the wrong design then next is the solid top.. think white will be nicer right?

told my contractor i don like the design... (although i chose the laminate myself) he agreed to change the door to glass door! :yamseng: at least we will see less of the purple laminate... so nice of my contractor.. :dancingqueen:

so now is the pic of my mbr toilet before change..

img1399p.jpg

img1400sj.jpg

i will be changing the sink tap too... haha bought too tall already... wash hands will splash all over.. not very good..

Edited by KeysMaker

and my simple TV feature wall...

img1390ro.jpg

all pics are using handphone to take.. so cant take wide angle.. but overall i kinda like my house although they are a few hipcups..

:P

and lastly my flooring... this is really hard.

i don know where to begin with and was thinking if anybody interested or not.. because all flooring looks the same de ma... hahha!

but i had to admit after the cardboard was remove, the white tiles really make the house look bigger!

img1387t.jpg

img1388cj.jpg

some update on my lightings..

MASTER BEDROOM

Remember i mention lights will be coming out from two sides? this is how it will look...

the reason for this lighting is because MOST of the time... or actually shld i say ALL the time? hehe... that i will wake up earlier then my hubby.. then in the mist of changing clothes and makeup blah blah... usually most of us will turn on the lights (cause too early sun not bright enough) and by turning the light will usually wake him up... although is still not his ‘official’ wakeup time but still will get affected by it

So, with this in mind, we decided we have some ‘mini lights’ which enable me to do my usual stuff in the morning and yet not waking my hubby up from his sweet dreams.... zz

img1415sw.jpg

PATHWAY TO THE BEDROOM AND TOILET

Initially wanted to place both the lamp at both toilet... but my master toilet really no space to put le !!

See the right side of the mirror? So low.. think put already also not nice ... so decide to place this lamp in the bedroom pathway...

MASTER TOILET

img1401d.jpg

PATHWAY

img1412ap.jpg

COMMON TOILET

img1414pjv.jpg

CLOSEUP VIEW OF THE LAMP

img1411sl.jpg

Edited by KeysMaker

CARPENTRY

Next will talk abit on my carpentry.. Sorry i’m not a good blogger.. so i let the pictures do the talking...

My contractor passes me two samples and asks me to choose which i prefer... Of course i will choose the one of better quality...

SAMPLE A - LEFT

SAMPLE B - RIGHT

img1416hg.jpg

SAMPLE A - LEFT

SAMPLE B - RIGHT

img1417u.jpg

All carpentry using sample B.. wardrobe ... console.. bay windows... kitchen cabinet.. basically everything carpentry... so guys.. if your ID/contractors wanna charge you more for ‘better quality’ wood, think twice ! :horse:

img1418b.jpg

img1419j.jpg

Wowwee!!! Looking good! :good: i really love the lightings that u have... Indeed they are fanciful... :yamseng:

me havent start any reno yet... Just only going to meet up id, asking for quotes...

Many questions for u... How do u tackle the L-shaped corner challenge? Is ur sink undermount? Do u do 'zero reveal' for ur sink cutout or is there any overhang? What is ur sink size?

Ur flooring looks shiny... Unlike mine, matte.. :(:bangwall:

More pics... :sport-smiley-003:

Edited by Sygnur