Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Waniekilei

Contessa's

FIRST & FOREMOST - Im not a great writer.

Been dying to start a T-blog of my own but alot of things are holding me back to.

WHAT IF MY HOME DOESNT TURN OUT AS I FIRST IMAGINE IT?

WHAT IF MY IDEAS IS TOO BORING?

WHAT IF NO ONE READS MY BLOG?

WHAT IF SERIOUSLY MY RENO TURNS OUT TO BE A HUGE MESS?

WHAT IF EVERYONE LOOKS DOWN ON US?

WHAT IF EVERYONE ENDS UP LAUGHING AT MY UGLY HOUSE?

GAWD!

In the end, I realise that by starting a T-blog will help me in many ways, to share experience and maybe inspire some readers too! That is just how i find myself reading all of yours! & who cares if none likes my finishing, in the end, its my house right? Would like to thank those that inspire me for my dream house! Been waiting for this for quite some time now, yet to get the keys tho. The reason i started this blog early is because i need help before my reno journey starts! SO MANY QUESTIONS TO ASK!

FLOORPLAN

FLOORPLAN-1.jpg

Its quite a small house. Quite intimidated by so many users with BIG HOUSE and such a magnifique et extravagante house! muah muaahh!

MY THEME. IDEAL IDEA OF MY DREAM HOUSE.

LIVING ROOM + DINING ROOM: bohemian style. that means, not much to do, just maybe a false ceiling at my dining area up to the hallway. I didnt opt for flooring, so Im getting myself a Grey (cement col) or White tiles. I wanted my floor to be concrete cement which of course with a polished finish, but theres too many cons to it. MOSTLY BECAUSE IT WILL TEND TO CRACK AND TOO SLIPPERY! but it is so pretty! can anyone who had this flooring tell me how is the end result and how isit in the long run? i might consider this! Also a brick wall, i know this is trending right now, but i have this idea like 2-3 years back and I am not letting this go. Hubby is definitely rolling his eyes right now! lol

• Homogeneous tile ( grey cement look or plain white )
  • False ceiling.
  • Cove lighting effect facing living from false ceiling.
  • Brick wall.

CONTESSA'S ROOM: Nothing much to do! I want a parquet flooring but Hubby might want it in homogeneous tile.. Anw, im not doing anything in this room because my baby girl is growing, so definitely there will be alot of changes in a few years coming.

• homogeneous tile / parquet flooring

BAPAK & MAMA'S ROOM: Hubby & I shared the same idea! we want a raise platform! not too sure on how high i want it to be coz considering on the space that we might waste! We tought of frameless bed, like a japanese style, but just more on the bed! a built in wardrobe.. the false ceiling that is from the dining room to hallway is continued to my room but the size is like the width of the mbr door.

a better view of what im trying to say! hee..

blablabla.jpg

• maybe parquet flooring or homogeneous tile.
  • laminate raise platform.
  • built in wardrobe.
  • cont false ceiling.

TADAAAA! I guess that's that for now.. Abit sleepy now.. Shall update tomorrow! After listing it all that i need, i guess my reno its a simple one! Hmmm... I might not want to jinx it! i take back what I've just said! Not finalised yet tho.. What do you think? isit too cramp in the MBR? is the raise platform a really good idea? Will definitely look forward for your advise and ideas that will make my dream come true! hee..

Reno havent start and im already having a headache!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nowadays raised plarform can do inbuilt drawers for storage .. Of cuz more expensive.. It's a great idea

Hi chezph! && IKR! I've check with an ID and this is their quotation for my desired platform. He mention that if the platform is too high, then the space between platform to ceiling is quite small. He seems to make sense, I guess 500mm is just nice! but the only storage i can make is only at the steps. below is what he has quote me. $$$

Design, Fabricate & install 500mm raised laminate platform c/w 02 steps lift-up storage (86sqft) = $3,765

Oiii wanie.... When u getting your keys?? -fifi

IS THIS FIFI WHOM I MET THE OTHER DAY OR ANOTHER FIFI? lol! Not sure yet.. Im hoping by end of Dec, Jan or Feb. My blk was the first to built and its the nearest to the road entrance to Buangkok Vale. Lets just hope its not after June! grrr.. How is your reno? Update babe!

HDBCOMPLETION.png

buangkokvaleentrance.jpg

SOON!!hee

Yes at imm. At first we also have the thought of doing it scandinavian. But after so much thought we scrap e idea. For many reasons. We love brick walls but too bad...

HI ALL,

really need your help, does any body knows where i can find this?

il_fullxfull305800237_zpsc533d572.jpgthree_metal_cage_lights_from_1915-1920s-

BulbCage500np_zps560860db.jpg

also, where can i find bulbs & wires at? im inlove with this teardrop bulb shape.

32607_518820421488395_428089532_n_zps9f1

FIRST & FOREMOST - Im not a great writer.

Been dying to start a T-blog of my own but alot of things are holding me back to.

WHAT IF MY HOME DOESNT TURN OUT AS I FIRST IMAGINE IT?

WHAT IF MY IDEAS IS TOO BORING?

WHAT IF NO ONE READS MY BLOG?

WHAT IF SERIOUSLY MY RENO TURNS OUT TO BE A HUGE MESS?

WHAT IF EVERYONE LOOKS DOWN ON US?

WHAT IF EVERYONE ENDS UP LAUGHING AT MY UGLY HOUSE?

GAWD!

In the end, I realise that by starting a T-blog will help me in many ways, to share experience and maybe inspire some readers too! That is just how i find myself reading all of yours! & who cares if none likes my finishing, in the end, its my house right? Would like to thank those that inspire me for my dream house! Been waiting for this for quite some time now, yet to get the keys tho. The reason i started this blog early is because i need help before my reno journey starts! SO MANY QUESTIONS TO ASK!

FLOORPLAN

FLOORPLAN-1.jpg

Its quite a small house. Quite intimidated by so many users with BIG HOUSE and such a magnifique et extravagante house! muah muaahh!

MY THEME. IDEAL IDEA OF MY DREAM HOUSE.

LIVING ROOM + DINING ROOM: bohemian style. that means, not much to do, just maybe a false ceiling at my dining area up to the hallway. I didnt opt for flooring, so Im getting myself a Grey (cement col) or White tiles. I wanted my floor to be concrete cement which of course with a polished finish, but theres too many cons to it. MOSTLY BECAUSE IT WILL TEND TO CRACK AND TOO SLIPPERY! but it is so pretty! can anyone who had this flooring tell me how is the end result and how isit in the long run? i might consider this! Also a brick wall, i know this is trending right now, but i have this idea like 2-3 years back and I am not letting this go. Hubby is definitely rolling his eyes right now! lol

• Homogeneous tile ( grey cement look or plain white )
  • False ceiling.
  • Cove lighting effect facing living from false ceiling.
  • Brick wall.

CONTESSA'S ROOM: Nothing much to do! I want a parquet flooring but Hubby might want it in homogeneous tile.. Anw, im not doing anything in this room because my baby girl is growing, so definitely there will be alot of changes in a few years coming.

• homogeneous tile / parquet flooring

BAPAK & MAMA'S ROOM: Hubby & I shared the same idea! we want a raise platform! not too sure on how high i want it to be coz considering on the space that we might waste! We tought of frameless bed, like a japanese style, but just more on the bed! a built in wardrobe.. the false ceiling that is from the dining room to hallway is continued to my room but the size is like the width of the mbr door.

a better view of what im trying to say! hee..

blablabla.jpg

• maybe parquet flooring or homogeneous tile.
  • laminate raise platform.
  • built in wardrobe.
  • cont false ceiling.

TADAAAA! I guess that's that for now.. Abit sleepy now.. Shall update tomorrow! After listing it all that i need, i guess my reno its a simple one! Hmmm... I might not want to jinx it! i take back what I've just said! Not finalised yet tho.. What do you think? isit too cramp in the MBR? is the raise platform a really good idea? Will definitely look forward for your advise and ideas that will make my dream come true! hee..

Reno havent start and im already having a headache!

I have a platform in my current place for the bed. Got pros and cons. Under the bed is storage, but I hardly use it because its too troublesome to lift up the mattress to access the storage below. Another thing is, sometimes when I just wake up, blur blur, I will trip off the steps or knock into the corners of the platform before I go to bed. Also I have a dog, and my dog can easily run up my bed because its got steps and all.

Oh, and its next to the window and my mother used to be terrified that I'd fall out the window because the platform made the bed area so high.

As for pros.. I liked the look. But after a few years.. abit zzz also. And it seems to take up too much space.

I have a platform in my current place for the bed. Got pros and cons. Under the bed is storage, but I hardly use it because its too troublesome to lift up the mattress to access the storage below. Another thing is, sometimes when I just wake up, blur blur, I will trip off the steps or knock into the corners of the platform before I go to bed. Also I have a dog, and my dog can easily run up my bed because its got steps and all.

Oh, and its next to the window and my mother used to be terrified that I'd fall out the window because the platform made the bed area so high.

As for pros.. I liked the look. But after a few years.. abit zzz also. And it seems to take up too much space.

Now that i just got my house, i've tot of that too. like what if im bored of this? my reno yet to start, so i still got time to think. hee.. anw, thanks so much for sharing your opinion..

For the lights, I believe in retail shops, you can look at Franc Franc at vivocity, Light Craft at Jalan Sultan and the furniture shops at Park Mall.

Hi, you mentioned you have a baby girl? Apart from getting tired/bored of the platform look; for safety purposes; you might want to re-consider your choice; especially if your girl is starting to crawl and learning to walk.

All the best to your reno!

Lol everyone worries bout their t blog but I personally think it helps to sort and organise your mind about the reno and not to mention the various helpful comments . Of course no one style will fit everyone 's taste but some practical advise can go a long way in choices of going about doing things.

Not to mention somewhere to vent your enthusiasm about building your own place ! Lol

Lol everyone worries bout their t blog but I personally think it helps to sort and organise your mind about the reno and not to mention the various helpful comments . Of course no one style will fit everyone 's taste but some practical advise can go a long way in choices of going about doing things.

Not to mention somewhere to vent your enthusiasm about building your own place ! Lol

Agree on this being a good place to be enthu about your place !

Agree on this being a good place to be enthu about your place !

TRUE!

i have been discussing with hubby about redesigning the room again, but he is not so excited about it. He prefer to have some partition to separate the sleeping area and the changing clothes area, AKA "WIW". Im still not sure yet tho.. Still got time to reconsider. hehh.

There's a FB page called "Like Lights".. They sell vintage lights. U might wanna take a look..

Ive already inquire. They do this but for BIG purchase. They advise not to use their cages cause its not "safe". the materials n the pre rust might not be suitable for home owners. I might consider their bulbs tho, especially their squirrel bulb. On the other side, its not a good lighting for kitchen because of the lighting colour.