Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
magicpiglet

No Wall Tiles In Kitchen/behind Cabinet

hi..received a quotation for wall tiles( exposed part), may i check does it means there will be no tiles for area behind cabinets? is it a must to put wall tiles behind cabinets?or anyone who doesnt put wall tiles in kitchen?

ive wanted a glass backsplash between top n bottom cabinet..was wondering in that case is it a must to put wall tiles behind? resale flat used old kind of white tile 4by 4 inches...heard these kinda tiles may pop behind the cabinets if we dun change it...thinking is it ok if hack the tiles on cabinet side n just leave it without tiles

appreciate any advises..thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

I have zero wall tiles in my kitchen and loving it! No regrets for this bold decision against conventional practices. (Only recently I added a concrete stand for my kitchen sink, that one is tiled)

Imagine all the grease on your shiny tiles when you cook and all the cleaning you have to do when you have wall tiles. My walls are painted with Nippon Easy Wash/Medifresh 3 in 1, so far so good.

I can still understand if you want tiles to spruce up an empty wall, the same can be achieved with paint as well. But BEHIND fixed cabinets and backsplash, you really don't need tiles, serves no purpose, can't see, can't touch, install them on bare walls will do. Save money also.