Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
aH_gUAn

From P 2 P

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Wow....that area price very high, I can't afford. :dribble:

I think most area in Pasir Ris are most similar pricing now.. Ppl are asking for ridiculous COV.

I think i got this unit at a good pricing :yamseng:

We came out with a layout on our own as we are still waiting for a few input from a few firm that we are going to see.

HouseLayout2.jpg

We feel that we actually did not fully utilise the space the master bedroom area in front of the wardrobe. :dunno:

Anyone got any feedback on the layout?

Beside, i got a quotation from for my house system 3 aircon.

1) Mitsubishi Electric Inverter

Model : MXY-4A38VA/MSY-GE10VA x 2 + MSY-GE24VA

(38,241Btu) - Bedroom x 2 + Master

$3,550.00

2) Daikin

Model : 4MKS80ESG/FTKS25DVM x 2 + FTKS60FVM

(27,296Btu) - Bedroom x 2 + Master

$4,100.00

Is this consider exp? I know nothing about aircon totally..

• Like 1

It's been a while since the last update, before i start blabbering non-stop. I'm the ment0s, the other owner of from P to P, aka aH_gUAn's wifey :) Since the husband has been tasked with monitering the renovation works, i shall gladly take over the updating of this space.

Fast forward 2months, We have confirmed our contractor (who is no other than the Alan (yes, the commonly mentioned contractor Alan fr renotalk) and we are getting our keys tomorrow :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen: :dancingqueen:

Our very nice sellers signed the indemnity forms for us so that we could proceed with our renovation works right after the first appointment. :sport-smiley-004: so Alan has already submitted the papers for approval since there will be substantial hacking and reconstructing this time round. Tee gong por pee that our dear officers at HDB approves the paperwork fast enough so that we can have all the hacking done before CNY!

In my next post I will be updating the purchases we made over the past weeks.

Grohe Eurostyle concealed showet set with rainshower icon showerhead for the MBR , the husband doesnt quite like the fixed overhead rainshower so we're going for the hanshower instead and we've yet to decide on the colour of the handshower.

Y-Lava-Center-32-875-1-800x800_zps0e25b7b9.jpg

grohe-eurostyle-cosmopolitan-single-lever-shower-mixer--p--fg-19507002_0_zps74e851bf.jpg

660f5d946c773f6546c5db4d7ab4fe58_zps86a10204.jpg

71e4BM8INfL_AA1200__zps5254fc7b.jpg

Edited by ment0s

Wah Grohe stuff :dribble: able to share the damage & where did u purchase from?

If I'm not mistaken, hansgrohe is the scarier one, grohe is actually more affordable in comparison. When we went shopping for our bathrooms, we popped by the hansgrohe store around robertson quay area and the prices were :rolleyes: We got grohe in the end at a store that our ID brought us to. They usually have packages (mixer+rainshower head+removable hand shower head+tap) so it was much cheaper. 1 set was around $700-800.

We had always wanted to have wood flooring for our house but did not get it as we are afraid of the maintenance required.

We did some research online and discover this flooring from Evorich called High End Resilient Flooring (HERF).

High end resilient flooring (HERF) is a strong substitute to conventional laminate and parquet flooring due to its wood like and waterproof features. As it look interesting, we went down to Evorich office to take a look at the actual product.

We like the feel of the floor when we step on it and it claim to be 100% water proof.

Evorich offer us the promotion price they offered at the Expo Fair that ended last weekend.

We decide to take up their offer as this will save us cost on hacking the floor and laying it with homo tile and parquet in the living room. :sport-smiley-018:

One major item settled for my renovation. :sport-smiley-003:

Hi, did you compare the HERF flooring to this Waterproof laminate flooring from Magofloor ?

Link: http://www.mago-sin.com/waterproof.html

Wah Grohe stuff :dribble: able to share the damage & where did u purchase from?

If I'm not mistaken, hansgrohe is the scarier one, grohe is actually more affordable in comparison. When we went shopping for our bathrooms, we popped by the hansgrohe store around robertson quay area and the prices were :rolleyes: We got grohe in the end at a store that our ID brought us to. They usually have packages (mixer+rainshower head+removable hand shower head+tap) so it was much cheaper. 1 set was around $700-800.

We bought the small accessories (paper holder, towel ring, towel rack) from amazon coz it's really economical to purchase online and the rest of the stuff from Asia Excel at IMM ( we visited interior affairs as well but the discount given wasnt that great). Total damage $2k plus for everything plus a kitchen mixer which i haven't post the pic yet. We actually viewed both and found the price to be similar but because i wanted to get the accessories online, so we prefer all the items in the kitchen / toilet to be uniformed and thus we got Grohe instead.

I actually find the price at Hansgrohe at robertson quay expensive and the atmosphere there intimidating (read: snooty salesman versus an active toddler running about and mummy chasing) , we then visited the store and B1 Parkmall, they carry hansgrohe too and they have some promotional packages for hangrohe that includes the mixer/hand shower and basin mixer starting from $500++) You can pop by to check them out, the guy is super friendly in explaining to us on the different models and whether it is suitable fr HDB or not. :thumbs up: thumbs up fr his service though we didnt get anything from him.

Hi, did you compare the HERF flooring to this Waterproof laminate flooring from Magofloor ?

Link: http://www.mago-sin.com/waterproof.html

The husband did a reserach on the HERF flooring and was mega impressed with the inter-locking features based on videos he saw online but we're actually not too convinced untl we went down to the showroom to have a feel of the flooring (we love that it doesnt have the floating feel of laminates and it feels firm to step on). :deal: And the push factor for us to go ahead was that we got to know that HERF has just won the tender for flooring for all pcf childcares. :sport-smiley-018: We have toddler with us and her safety is our utmost concern so we prefer a child friendly flooring. Our rationale is that if the PAP run childcare is also using this flooring, it must be of a certain standard :)

Edited by ment0s

We bought the small accessories (paper holder, towel ring, towel rack) from amazon coz it's really economical to purchase online and the rest of the stuff from Asia Excel at IMM ( we visited interior affairs as well but the discount given wasnt that great). Total damage $2k plus for everything plus a kitchen mixer which i haven't post the pic yet. We actually viewed both and found the price to be similar but because i wanted to get the accessories online, so we prefer all the items in the kitchen / toilet to be uniformed and thus we got Grohe instead.

I actually find the price at Hansgrohe at robertson quay expensive and the atmosphere there intimidating (read: snooty salesman versus an active toddler running about and mummy chasing) , we then visited the store and B1 Parkmall, they carry hansgrohe too and they have some promotional packages for hangrohe that includes the mixer/hand shower and basin mixer starting from $500++) You can pop by to check them out, the guy is super friendly in explaining to us on the different models and whether it is suitable fr HDB or not. :thumbs up: thumbs up fr his service though we didnt get anything from him.

The husband did a reserach on the HERF flooring and was mega impressed with the inter-locking features based on videos he saw online but we're actually not too convinced untl we went down to the showroom to have a feel of the flooring (we love that it doesnt have the floating feel of laminates and it feels firm to step on). :deal: And the push factor for us to go ahead was that we got to know that HERF has just won the tender for flooring for all pcf childcares. :sport-smiley-018: We have toddler with us and her safety is our utmost concern so we prefer a child friendly flooring. Our rationale is that if the PAP run childcare is also using this flooring, it must be of a certain standard :)

Thanks.. i am also staying in pasir ris blk 7XX and looking forward your renovation..

Thanks.. i am also staying in pasir ris blk 7XX and looking forward your renovation..

Thanks! Progress is finally streaming in after a 2mth wait! :sport-smiley-004:

Continuation on of reviews for the contractors that we have met and our chosen contractor

5) Contactor J**Wei from renotalk

We met him at one of the macdonald coz we rushed down after work with a toddler in tow and spoke to him for nearly 2hrs and he was supposed to send us a quotation in 2 weeks time because he said that he was busy, but he didnt send anything :furious: a few days pass the deadline, he contacted us saying that he has finally finished his on hands project and could work on ours soon and promised to send the quotation over but again he flew us aeroplane.... :furious: Obviously, we wont be considering him and if he really reads ---》年轻人, 做这行信誉很重要你知道吗! 8|

6) Contractor Andr** from renotalk

He was an hour late 8| when he was supposed to meet and and we sat down to discuss about the plans and he is actually acceptable until he starts spinning cock and bull story about why he is late and stuff about apprentice etc. However i must commend his speed, we got his quotation the following day but unfortunately the price doesnt impress us and neither do we appreciate the 夺命连环calls that he made to the husband, We didnt feel comfy with him thus we decide to drop him too.

7) Contractor Ke*** - recommended

Nice guy, efficient on his quote and we actually discussed pretty well except that he doesnt look interested in what we have to say because he didnt bother taking any notes the whole time we spoke and we dont find any chemistry with him.

8) Roy fr I* Design

Ver busy man, the husband tried calling him but he was away on holiday, he didnt get back to us after he came back. guess he is busy catching up on his current projects and we dont have the luxury of time waiting so we dropped him.

It was a close fight between contractor Alan and Artistroom. We very impressed with Kathy's creativity and we can click with contractor alan. In the end, we choose Contractor Alan instead.

Cannot have best of both worlds... wanna save some $$ must work on the designs harder :dunno: so till the next post..... gotta go mug design books for ideas!!!

Edited by ment0s