Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jx81

Bto@punggol

Hello everybody,

having gotten so much info from the bloggers here, we have decided to contribute too.

So here's our story... :)

After almost 3.5 years of waiting, my fiancee and I finally received notification to collect our keys from HDB on 6 September. Based on recommendations from the forumers here, we spent the next few weekends choosing our ID. We went to quite a few places: paya lebar, balestier, katong etc. In the end, we settled on Kevin (Defong Interior Design) for the following reasons:

1. Offered the lowest quote for same quality material. (28.8k vs 38k from highest quote)
  2. Practical suggestions. (Some ids we encountered were either too pushy abt their designs or too accomodating to the extent of offering useless suggestions)
  3. Trustworthy face (haha..call me superficial, but i believe that one's character is reflected on the face in 90% of situtation. More so as one gets older)
  4. Easy-going charisma (find it very easy to talk to him. No pressure what-so-ever unlike some other IDs we encountered)

The choice proved to be right since unlike some of the horror stories we've heard, our renovation went very smoothly. We started renovation on 20th Sept and it was handed over to us on 20th Oct.(4 weeks!!) :) Our friends were pretty amazed when we told them we are done.

Anyway to keep the story short, here are some photos of our end product. (My apologies. Do not have any in progress photos since we seldom go down during the renovation process. Our ID more or less settled everything)

Floor Plan

layout.jpg

Living Room 1

livingRoom.jpg

Living Room 2

livingRoom2.jpg

Kitchen

kitchen.jpg

Kitchen Toilet

kitchenToilet.jpg

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Some of the vendors we went to:

ID - Kevin (Defong Interior Design hp-90611135)

TV - Mega Discount Store (Leisure Park)

Hood/Hop/Washer - UniLite Electronics Trading Co (Jln Kayu..gem that we found from words of mouth. The price they give much better than th famous stores mentioned in renotalk (those in amk and kovan))

Sofa/Dining Table - Brighton (Sugei Kedut)

Bed - Sealy ( Courts )

Curtain - Family Curtain Enterprise (JB based..call Mr Ho +65 97916035 cost me only $700 roman blinds for whole house)

aircon-gain city

lightings - zhong ying pte ltd (ubi opp honda showroom..another gem we found..good price on led lights..but have to really check the delivered goods..they delivered wrong type of lights in my case..had to go dwn personally to change.the sales guy was pretty nice though)

hi jx81. Believe ur from nautilus coz me too. how do u find defong coz i engange them too but nt kevin.

Yours is homogenous n laminates for flooring is it.

total damage 28.8k? how u find the capentry work coz my will only star next week.

Hi Haro,

I've sent you the pdfs.

Hi tnna,

yup, I used homogenous and laminate flooring as well. I'm afraid I can't comment about other IDs under Defong, but they should be alright bah. From what I understand, it really depend on each individual ID. The company is basically just there to provide basic admin support, contacts plus retail front. As such, there's always a possibility of encountering a bad ID from a reputable firm and vice versa.

Anyway, total damage was 30k. I upgraded to granite table top plus higher quality laminate half way through the reno.

Of course this doesn't include the furniture. Haha..gotta start saving up all over again. Hope to see you around the neighbourhood soon. :)

Edited by jx81

Hi

Thanks for sharing. My new place also at nautilus. Currently under renovation.

May I know which brand do u choose for your hood and hob? Coz I still looking around.

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for sharing. My new place also at nautilus. Currently under renovation.

May I know which brand do u choose for your hood and hob? Coz I still looking around.

Thanks

Hi zermatt, there is a Electrolux promotion for chimney hood, hob and oven which is what we bought. Promotion is at 1999 I believe but we got it for 1700.

Hi zermatt, there is a Electrolux promotion for chimney hood, hob and oven which is what we bought. Promotion is at 1999 I believe but we got it for 1700.

Ok thanks.