Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
inesy

Live Where You Live

Another new year will soon be upon us all..we'll be decorating our first home together. Since we have the luxury of time to decide what we like..our renvo progress will be decided along the way..we have only completed flooring (wooden ceramic tiles) & painting. We may get kitchen cabinets and souurce for lighting next year..love French Country decor..but not sure if we should have invest in built-in carpentary for the whole house..since we're not sure if we're going to move..came across this wonderful design site..just to share some thoughts from JonesCompany..

"I get an idea (however unconventional it is) for my walls or cabinets or lighting, but I'm afraid to actually follow through with it out of fear that it will somehow ruin our home. We love where we live, but we don't feel like it is our 'forever' home. So in the back of my mind, the term 'resale value' is always lingering when these crazy ideas pop up. And if it isn't 'resale value' it's the thought that I should just wait until we are in a house that is our dream home and then I can really make it ours."

Sounds familiar?

But here's the deal..we could learn to embrace where we are now, fully live in the house we get to call home and enjoy it despite what a future homeowner might think..it's all about living in the present and allowing your home to reflect your family (even if you don't plan on being in it forever)

So if you're feeling stifled in your decorating by the what-ifs of the future sale of your home, or waiting for something better to come along - let loose. Have fun. Take some risks. Really LIVE where you live.

If that means putting a hole in your wall to hang some artwork - go for it. You can always fill a hole.

And if it means painting the wood floors in your kitchen with a distressed checkerboard pattern like you've been wanting to do for years - then do it!

Here's to 2013 :sport-smiley-018:

Can't wait to see what it holds.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

So if you're feeling stifled in your decorating by the what-ifs of the future sale of your home, or waiting for something better to come along - let loose. Have fun. Take some risks. Really LIVE where you live.

If that means putting a hole in your wall to hang some artwork - go for it. You can always fill a hole.

And if it means painting the wood floors in your kitchen with a distressed checkerboard pattern like you've been wanting to do for years - then do it!

Hear hear! :)

I just can't put it in words how much I agree with you.

Hear hear! :)

I just can't put it in words how much I agree with you.

Hehe..actually I kinda 'borrowed' the inspiration from a blogger who really went all out to design their home, what it takes to create a living space one can truly call their own.

Until I figure out how to upload picts of our first home..which is currently just an empty 'shell'..ceramic wooden flooring, granite kitchen counter & sink, hacking of walls for open concept kitchen & painting in neutral colour scheme..still looking for a suitable powder-grey blue shade for Master bedrm (similar to Paul's Bakery at Nee Ann City) Any suggestion,anyone? Nippon's range of blues are too bright for me.. Phase 1 of renvo should be completed by end Dec..here's some inspiring ideas & tutorials from their wonderful design blogs..Do check it out for yourself!

http://jonesdesigncompany.com/decorate/painted-wallpaper-a-tutorial/

So tempted to try this 'Painted Wallpaper' in our master bedroom..with a colour combi of powder blue & off white..maybe sometime after cny..if I can figure out the process!

http://www.thehandmadehome.net/our-spaces/

Another talented team who have taken an average house and turned it into a colourfully charming home with so much personality.

Enjoy! ;)

Another new year will soon be upon us all..we'll be decorating our first home together. Since we have the luxury of time to decide what we like..our renvo progress will be decided along the way..we have only completed flooring (wooden ceramic tiles) & painting. We may get kitchen cabinets and souurce for lighting next year..love French Country decor..but not sure if we should have invest in built-in carpentary for the whole house..since we're not sure if we're going to move..came across this wonderful design site..just to share some thoughts from JonesCompany..

"I get an idea (however unconventional it is) for my walls or cabinets or lighting, but I'm afraid to actually follow through with it out of fear that it will somehow ruin our home. We love where we live, but we don't feel like it is our 'forever' home. So in the back of my mind, the term 'resale value' is always lingering when these crazy ideas pop up. And if it isn't 'resale value' it's the thought that I should just wait until we are in a house that is our dream home and then I can really make it ours."

Sounds familiar?

But here's the deal..we could learn to embrace where we are now, fully live in the house we get to call home and enjoy it despite what a future homeowner might think..it's all about living in the present and allowing your home to reflect your family (even if you don't plan on being in it forever)

Hi, i'm also looking at wooden tiles, wood for the look and tiles for the durability. can share your decision process to evenutually get ceramic wooden tiles? and from where? how's the maintenance like?