Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
suryach78

Led Strip For Tv Feature Wall

Hi all, really know nothing about LED strip but I need to buy 1 for my tv feature wall. plan to put it behind the feature wall L-shape (2.1m + 1.5m), so I plan to buy 4m length one

Please enlighten me.

the shop said I need driver too. 1 driver should be enough for L-shape

they are giving me 3 option:

1. LED strip 14.4w per meter $18 x 4 m + 60w driver $40. total $112

2. LED strip 7.2w per meter $15 x 4m + 40w driver $30. total $90

3. LED strip RGB per meter $23 x4 + 60w driver -$40 + led 6 key controller RGB c/w remote control switch $60. total $192

is the quote too high or reasonable? I saw people selling 1 reel of 5 m only $50. Is it different type?

What I need to ask them, the type maybe?

for option 3, can choose different color anytime? what color combination possible, only can on 1 color at a time, right?

sorry for lots of questions. really blur about this

thanks

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi all, really know nothing about LED strip but I need to buy 1 for my tv feature wall. plan to put it behind the feature wall L-shape (2.1m + 1.5m), so I plan to buy 4m length one

Please enlighten me.

the shop said I need driver too. 1 driver should be enough for L-shape

they are giving me 3 option:

1. LED strip 14.4w per meter $18 x 4 m + 60w driver $40. total $112

2. LED strip 7.2w per meter $15 x 4m + 40w driver $30. total $90

3. LED strip RGB per meter $23 x4 + 60w driver -$40 + led 6 key controller RGB c/w remote control switch $60. total $192

is the quote too high or reasonable? I saw people selling 1 reel of 5 m only $50. Is it different type?

What I need to ask them, the type maybe?

for option 3, can choose different color anytime? what color combination possible, only can on 1 color at a time, right?

sorry for lots of questions. really blur about this

thanks

I have a 5050 RGB 5 metre with driver + controller + power cable, left from my reno. You can choose different color + combination is possible. If you are interested, will let go at $80.

LED strip don't require driver it c/w power supply adapter A/C convert to D/C

just plug and power up

1) depend on how bright you wish to achieve around your tv. 4.8 watt or 7.2 watt is a start and depend on how you position the LED strip, you might see the dotted LED dot on the surface.

2) there are 30 led / meter and 60 led / meter up to 120 led per meter. not matter which one you go for, beware of the heat. if you light up the led strip for 10 mins and it feel like a hot coffee, than your chance of having part of the LED strip out of function is very high.

3) select LED strip with protection, do not select LED strip which you can touch the PCB board. Singapore is humid and some insect like to lay egg on PCB surface. Protection by hollow sleeve or sealed by silicon.

4) Do not bend LED strip over a shape edge forming a 90 degree, you would allow the strip to go over naturally at the shape corner. If you apply LED strip with hollow protection strip, do not press too hard onto the PCB during installation with double side tape.

Happy Renovation.