Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sadchucky

Termination Vs Resignation

Need some advises from seniors here.

My HR give me a call to ask me to resign, but i told her if thats the case, it should be a termination instead.

i asked for a termination letter, went back to surrender all the company's stuffs.

she called me earlier on, told me she will give me the termination letter and I would need to serve a month notice.

called up my corporate office, and my case was referred to the higher authorities.

I was on a month MC due to workplace related injuries and i have only been with them since nov 12.

Now jobless, a pile of medical bills, house bills and moo-lahs for my family.

been sick since then, still on the road of recovery. while i am on MC, no one from HR called to ask when i am going back, i did informed my immediate my superior ( 2 of them ) about my MCs. they acknowledged.

got a called from one of my immediate superior, he is now serving his notice and i was being told that his immediate superior ( which is mine too ) has been arrowing him every time during budget meetings, ops meetings and department meetings. he told me her plan is to 'get rid' of those who are not previously from the same organization she was from. in the whole department, me and him are the only 2 whom is not from her previous organization.

called up MOM and they told me to wait for my appointment date.

Please advise me what can i do?

I am not asking for anything, at least a month of compensation salary? at least i can have the money to pay for all my bills.

but in the letter of employment, it was stated that a month of salary need to be paid in lieu if i choose to resign without serving the notice. ( but it is subjected to management's approval )

but for, termination they need to give me a month of notice or pay a month salary.

I am really depressed and I've got no one to turn to to talk about this, need to act like as if i am okay when i am with my family.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I'm sorry to hear your plight. This happened to my ex-supervisor who was made to retire early. We used to work in a government department which experienced merger between 2 separate govt departments.

Off hand, it appears that your employer is asking you to resign so that they do not need to pay you one month compensation pay, which they will have to give you if they terminate you.

I do not know what works for you. Getting compensation from a termination may solve your short term financial woe. Depending on your line of occupation, your prospective employers may not like the fact that you were asked to leave. (Anyway I left my previous employer on my own and many employers including my current employer cannot believe that I would leave a government job on my own).

Don't lose heart. I spent several months looking for that job too after I left my last one. I found my new job after 3.5 months and have been with my current employer for 18 months. What's more, I'm glad I left my last job.

sorry to hear this, but don't worry, there must be another job for you which will be much better than old one.

actually it is not a good idea to ask for termination instead of resignation...it stick with you as long as you put the company in your resume and prospective employer do a check with the HR.

If you want one month pay in lieu, what you can do is to resign and everyday make the person who want to sack you see you also sian until they offer to pay you to go immediately to rest at home..keke..