Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
jetlee724

Newly Bought Em

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

To me, an ID can also be a contractor. Depends on what you are looking for.

a meet up with both could help u decide. most impt is the FEEL between u and the ID/contractor. he or she must know what u want and prefer.

For me, i already have a general idea of what i want. and quite resistant to changes. hence no stubborn ID for me. :sport-smiley-018:

depends on ur renov works...if u wan nice nice design wif many build-in...getting an ID will be better so as to condinate the works...if simple renov works go for contractor to save cost....

depends on ur renov works...if u wan nice nice design wif many build-in...getting an ID will be better so as to condinate the works...if simple renov works go for contractor to save cost....

Thanks for your advice.

Is there any contractor can coordinate all the works? I have almost all the idea I want for my unit, so what I need is actually someone who can supervise all the reno work as I dont have much time to do it; and I know an ID will do it, but most of their quotation are sky high, eg. a granite galaxy counter top I queried contractor quoted $100/ft; and one ID quoted $140/ft

u can try getting the contracts from some of those who r using contractors...think theres one who is quite often mentioned in the trends here....but of cos can b quite subjective...one man treasure maybe another man trash...do ur homework here...always work with the person that u r able to communicate with...gd luck in ur search :yamseng: ....btw im also using a contractor for my coming reno....

If you know what you want, then get a main con. he will coordinate for you. at least got any prob, he will ans.

yes, main con is good enough for me, but I do not have any referral, searching renotalk is time spending,I will slowly collecting ideas and approaching some contractor. thanks for your advice

u can try getting the contracts from some of those who r using contractors...think theres one who is quite often mentioned in the trends here....but of cos can b quite subjective...one man treasure maybe another man trash...do ur homework here...always work with the person that u r able to communicate with...gd luck in ur search :yamseng: ....btw im also using a contractor for my coming reno....

Hi, there, are you able to share your contractor with me? you can pm me. how is their workmanship? and is quotation reasonable? thanks

welcome to the EM club. i just got my EM too....when are you collecting your keys? I am narrowing down possible IDs at the moment too.....if you go to the home and decor website and search for EMs....have a look at the IDs you like...contact them :)

this is my blog for the EM http://vanessafridahome.wordpress.com/

Hi, vanessa,

happy to see your reply.

I have seen your floor plan, it s just the exactly same as mine, I will upload my Floor plan soon, now I still learning how to do it, hehe

I am collecting my keys most probably in May, I extend the seller 3 weeks on good will.

For now, I try to fix some of my ideas for designing my home. I just want simple and modern style in my future house.

the only thing I can keep is the marble floor, just need to polish it, I dont know how much will cost? any advice?

For balcony, the previous owner has made roof and false ceiling, and the floor also marble, I am still hesitating if I should keep the enclosed balcony or should I hack them all, so I can enjoy the outdoor feeling and BBQ maybe, or alternate option is to make a glass roof. still thinking about this. also need some advice.

keep in touch

thanks

Hi, there, are you able to share your contractor with me? you can pm me. how is their workmanship? and is quotation reasonable? thanks

just pm u...pls dun mention i intro to u...not sure abt his charges cos my quote not yet out...seen his other work @ one of my church mate hse..not bad...he is also my church mate & gd fren so i feel safe putting him in charge...somemore we noe his wife so another ave for us to complain to if things not right :notti: ...just dun b rush to decide since u still hv a long way to go...do more homework...can save quite abit...

just pm u...pls dun mention i intro to u...not sure abt his charges cos my quote not yet out...seen his other work @ one of my church mate hse..not bad...he is also my church mate & gd fren so i feel safe putting him in charge...somemore we noe his wife so another ave for us to complain to if things not right :notti: ...just dun b rush to decide since u still hv a long way to go...do more homework...can save quite abit...

Bro Onn, Pm received

Thanks for that, maybe I queue after you, after you finish your reno work :paint: