Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
RenoTalkie

Change Of Address After 2Nd Appt

Hi All,

Do I need to go to ICA and submit change of address after my 2nd appt for HDB... I am currently staying with my parents... does the 28 days start after my 2nd appt or when I move in cos now I am looking for contractor to renovate my flat probably whole process will take a couple of months before I can officially move in

best rgds

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi All,

Do I need to go to ICA and submit change of address after my 2nd appt for HDB... I am currently staying with my parents... does the 28 days start after my 2nd appt or when I move in cos now I am looking for contractor to renovate my flat probably whole process will take a couple of months before I can officially move in

best rgds

you don't need to go ICA. all you need is to go to any police post / police station with proof of address. you can do it now, then you can take the letter from hdb to state that you are the owner of the flat to show the police as proof of address.

but as you stated, you are still staying with parents, then you are not staying at the flat yet so you might not want to change the address yet. if that is the case, you can wait till you finish your reno, change address for your mobile phone bill or subscription to internet bill as proof to police after you move in.

for me, i use the hdb letter to change my address as changing the address with hdb letter is easier. I go check on the reno few times a week so not a problem for me to change address and inform all banks etc to the new address. that way, i have quite a lot of time to make sure all letters will go new address.