Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
PinkTissue

Home Reinvented

Initially, Mr Contractor provide silver door knobs for the bedroom doors. I managed to source for nice gold ones and used them instead.

8477771163_2a8ed0e249_b.jpg

Sis 1 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

And only 1 picture of the guest room. It is so untidy that I am ashamed to show people. It is painted purple and it is a mirror image of the bedroom with built in wardrobe, storage cupboards and table except the furniture is brown. I know the colors do not match but since no one is using the room, I just leave it at there unless I have an inspired moment and change the room. Sigh, this room used to be pretty neat and now it looks as if a hurricane has run through it.

8478826962_3fb3b68991_b.jpg

Guest Rm 1 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

And the common bathroom which has a beach theme.

8477976415_244b8131b1_b.jpg

Common bathroom 1 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Love the large round mirror. Sort of reminds me of the porthole of the ship. The counter top is aurora rosa marble.

8478045427_7339dfd801_b.jpg

Common bathroom 2 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

A cute dolphin tap

8479132276_cc4f99d06c_b.jpg

Common bathroom 3 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

WC with sea shell cover seat cover. I think the cover's quality from Sim Siang Choon not that fantastic. The metal parts holding to the WC rusted after a few use. Mr Contractor has to change them to plastic ones.

8481488783_3b3fc03570_b.jpg

Common bathroom wc by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Toilet brush also sea theme with sea shells.

8478042803_baab17b5cd_b.jpg

Common bathroom 4 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Generally I am quite pleased with the reno EXCEPT that it has dragged on too long. I did not touch parts of the living room (e.g. TV area) because I am still not sure what to do with them and I don't want to drag the reno on. I am still debating what to do with the kitchen. Again, nothing wrong with it except for the bad layout and horrible looking tiles and cupboards which is in very good condition. I am not sure whether to get a country style kitchen or an ultra modern kitchen. I am leaning towards a modern kitchen even though the rest of my house may not match (?). I am not sure how to categorise the style of my house reno but I am quite sure it is quite unique.

I LURV your renovations. It's extravagant and unique in your choices of colours and materials. It was such a fun experience to read both your t-blogs. Please do update if you ever make further changes to your kitchen.

Hi, Pinky Tissue

I getting my house soon same with you that all mine built in wardrobe also in brown which i feel a bit old-fashion. May i check with you how much the cost of re-laminate the door? I heard friends said which is the half of the full price to be spend.Just wondering are they damage the door and re-do a new one or peel off the laminate re-apply again. Hope to hearing for your reply soon, Thanks

Second Bed Room. Originally, everything is brown with built in wardrobe, storage cupboards and table. We re-laminate it and Frenchify it and have a custom made storage bed.

8478862998_1ae1d0a470_b.jpg

Sis 2 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

8478861952_d7d4895f25_b.jpg

Sis 4 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

8477772177_bb7dc69d6d_b.jpg

Sis 3 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Details of door knobs/pull for cupboards and drawers.

8477774237_ffa24a10a9_b.jpg

Sis 6 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

8477773075_5e8f15a17b_b.jpg

Sis 5 by PinkTissue, on Flickr

Pamelo - the contractor put a layer of laminate over the existing laminate. As for the price, it is dependent on the sort of laminate you choose. They can range from a few dollars to $250 per meter. Also take note how many layers of laminate they give. If want to re-laminate, better only do it for areas like bedroom or living room. Not advisable for kitchen or bathroom because there is a risk of peeling because of oil or moisture.

Underthestar - thanks for your compliments. It must be the magpie in me - like all things bright and shiny. Preferably gold. I don't really like the Scandinavian style which is so popular everywhere. My contractor's eyes popped out when I told him my vision. At times, I also have doubts I have overdone the in-your-face deco, especially the master bedroom toilet (purple chandelier in toilet) but the results turned out well that my friends made a beeline to THE toilet. The wall tiles turned out to be really lovely.

Wondering anyone has a TV feature wall made of marble? I think the price would be prohibitive. Mr Contractor suggested a faux fire place but I don't like the idea.....just too faux. Come on, fire place in Singapore?

Wondering anyone has a TV feature wall made of marble? I think the price would be prohibitive. Mr Contractor suggested a faux fire place but I don't like the idea.....just too faux. Come on, fire place in Singapore?

Oh dear my HTB also suggested this the other day and my eyes almost popped! Totally agree with you - a fireplace in Singapore is just so ... Lol

PinkTissue...

Reading through ur blog simply leave me breathless.. It's breath-taking beautiful place... Ur vision is simply stunning... :)

I know some may not able to take all the bling2 u have done to ur place but, i simply love it... :wub: :wub:

Thanks for sharing ur wonderful journey... Indeed it is a joy to see a reno well done albeit taking long time to complete...

Oh dear my HTB also suggested this the other day and my eyes almost popped! Totally agree with you - a fireplace in Singapore is just so ... Lol

I reaaaaaaaally like it though! *suaku singaporean* But it doesn't fit into my decor, so... :P