Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Spoiltbrat

Sash Windows Aka Vertical Sliding Windows

Hi all

I am new here. Just registered as I am embarking on my big renovation for my resale flat. I am thinking of placing a couple of wooden sash windows on my kitchen walls so that air can flow from home entrance through the kitchen.

BTW, sash windows are those wooden vertical sliding windows that you find in English homes. I think in the US some country styled homes also uses them.

It looks something like this

Sash Windows

Anyone with info on where I can find them would be appreciated.

TIA

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Dont think HDB will approve wooden windows.

Can consider configuring window to have a small top-hung part which can be left open almost all the time for ventilation without worry about kids' safety or burglar intrusion. Grill the inside if latter is really bad.

Actually this is not for external facing windows. It will be used in the kitchen but the windows faces inside the apartment.

I have finally managed to order this from overseas and it is being custom made and shipped in.

Cheers

Hi Spoilbrat,

I have been searching for such window for months for my kitchen partition wall too! Do you mind sharing with me the cost and the supplier please?

TIA.

Hi Spoilbrat,

I have been searching for such window for months for my kitchen partition wall too! Do you mind sharing with me the cost and the supplier please?

TIA.

Hi

Sorry I did not log in often here.

Finally the windows are in Singapore (somewhere at VPOST in Paya Lebar). I took a leap of faith and ordered from a company in Poland. S much cheaper and friendlier than those in the UK.

Anyway, it was roughly 1100 pounds inclusive of their 20+% VAT. And that includes the fee of trucking it down to Surrey in England to VPOST centre. Then it is another S$800+ to ship it in. Now this is for 2 Windows customised to my desired size.

The company is eurostyl and I will see if I can post some pics of the Windows mounted in my kitchen once it is done by the carpenter.

Cheers

Wow! The price seem steep! And so much troubles for the windows!

I'm sure you must be delighted to receive the windows! Look forward to seeing the pictures of the windows installed! Bet they will look good! :D

Hi

Sorry I did not log in often here.

Finally the windows are in Singapore (somewhere at VPOST in Paya Lebar). I took a leap of faith and ordered from a company in Poland. S much cheaper and friendlier than those in the UK.

Anyway, it was roughly 1100 pounds inclusive of their 20+% VAT. And that includes the fee of trucking it down to Surrey in England to VPOST centre. Then it is another S$800+ to ship it in. Now this is for 2 Windows customised to my desired size.

The company is eurostyl and I will see if I can post some pics of the Windows mounted in my kitchen once it is done by the carpenter.

Cheers

Wow! The price seem steep! And so much troubles for the windows!

I'm sure you must be delighted to receive the windows! Look forward to seeing the pictures of the windows installed! Bet they will look good! :D

Yes it does cost a fair bit. I am treating it like a feature wall except it does more than cosmetics. It allow air flow from windows in the entrance foyer through the kitchen. The original design is just a wall and it gets very hot when you are in the kitchen.

Beside this I experimented with a number of fancy frills. I have added bay window seatings in 2 of the bedroom. Added dishwaher and also had an insinkerator installed. not as expensive as I thought it would be.

hopefully I am allowed to share some of the pics of the finished reno.

Cheers

Yes it does cost a fair bit. I am treating it like a feature wall except it does more than cosmetics. It allow air flow from windows in the entrance foyer through the kitchen. The original design is just a wall and it gets very hot when you are in the kitchen.

That is precisely why I am searching for 1 for my kitchen too!

Saw some sash window in taobao.. Price wise seem to be cheaper than what you paid. But I am sure the quality of yours will be much better. Looking forward to see photos of it soon.. :dribble:

That is precisely why I am searching for 1 for my kitchen too!

Saw some sash window in taobao.. Price wise seem to be cheaper than what you paid. But I am sure the quality of yours will be much better. Looking forward to see photos of it soon.. :dribble:

I would but my attempt to post pics failed. LOL

Anyway, discovered a small dent on the wood and reported to VPOST. Hope insurance covers it. If not then I have to get the carpenter to do some filler repair.

uPVC types from China is really cheap. That was my first consideration as companies from UK ignored my enquiries. Later I found this Polish company that does customised ones. And since I need one that is of a certain dimension, they were my final choice.

Later if I can try an upload and it works I will post some.

cheers