Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wowach

License/permit For Electrical Rewiring?

My dad was telling me I should be receiving a permit / license or document of some sort to proof the electrical rewiring done. Is there really such a thing?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Yes, you can get your electrician to apply for SP services to test for u and you will have a report.

Not sure how much though. $300 or $600 to ask SP to test?

Found your topic and wanted to ask the same question also. I checked HDB website and it says the following. And I don't see the electrician applying for any permit, or SP Services coming to test my wires. And I am getting the aircon guys to come to install aircon soon. A bit worried though. :( It is a flat I have been staying in for the last 25 years and I did the rewiring last week and we had never had aircon in the house before. I would deem there is some form of 'upgrading' done to my electrical wiring this time round.

"Your block has not been provided with higher electrical loading. You will need to apply for an HDB permit to install new 15 Amps power points for air-conditioners or other higher capacity equipment/appliances (e.g. high powered IT equipment).

Under the Building Control (Amendment) Act, flat owners are required to engage Building & Construction Authority-trained air-con installers to install the air-con outside their flats and to keep the authority informed when they carry out the installation works.

However, for installation of air-conditioners using existing approved air-con points and other electrical works, there is no need to apply for an HDB permit. You need to submit an application (using SP Services Ltd's Form CS/5H) to HDB. Thereafter you may apply to SP Services Ltd to test the extensions."