Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
melkwek

Open Concept Kitchen - Pros And Cons?

Hi,

Want to get advice from members who have an open concept kitchen. What are the pros and especially the cons..

I bought a Fujioh FX900 hood which is supposed to be quite good at sucking oil. But I'm concerned about the dirt, smoke and smell from cooking spreading throughout the living room and also whether there is a problem with air con for the space if the kitchen is not closed up. I know it will look nice but if not practical also no use..

Are these very big issues for open concept kitchen? We mostly cook western style food or no major stir frying...

Thanks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

It is smelly. And unless you just use the oven or only steaming/boiling, u can't avoid the oiliness and smell.

I regretted an open kitchen so with my new Reno, I'm closing it up again. But instead of closing it fully with concrete, I'm using glass to close off the cooking area and a counter top in the open area leading to the living room. I think this is the best of both worlds. I get the enclosed kitchen for cooking and at the same time, I get the counter for the open area.