Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
lot286

Enclosing Balcony Using Glass Panel + Living Room Extension @ Condos

Hi guys

anyone here experienced or doing the job of enclosing balcony with glass panels so as to extend living room space for condos?

any feedback from users

any good companies can recommend for product/prices

and lastly does management of condo approves?

much apprecaited

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi guys

anyone here experienced or doing the job of enclosing balcony with glass panels so as to extend living room space for condos?

any feedback from users

any good companies can recommend for product/prices

and lastly does management of condo approves?

much apprecaited

looking for similar thing as well but the investment is large (>10k). Some of residents in my condo have tried applying but got rejected. Some proceed to installed without approval.

Hi mate.

yes most likely it will be rejected, but i am going to go ahead and do it because i am on a high floor..

looks like its smart windows Vs hubandhomefurnishing vs glass curtains ....these 3 suppliers are in the market..

Hi mate.

yes most likely it will be rejected, but i am going to go ahead and do it because i am on a high floor..

looks like its smart windows Vs hubandhomefurnishing vs glass curtains ....these 3 suppliers are in the market..

have you done yours? mine sharing some experience, pics and cost? PM me if necessary. thanks!

Hi mate.

Bro can you also PM me your experiences and estimated costs too? many many thanks..... i've been hunting high and low...

finally found your post and think it could be possible... hope you can share with me your experiences... thanks!

Hi mate.

Hi! I am looking into putting in glass curtains as well for my 3 balconies.

If you do not mind can you please share your experiences and the contractor who you used? I am at the moment liaising with the company called Glass Curtains. I would like to make a good decision before I sign the contract.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards

I am thinking of covering my balcony with frameless glass curtain with blind curtains to block the afternoon sun and rain.

According to  URA website specifies the following in regards to enclosing a balcony .

S/N : 33 

Installation of grilles/screens to approved balconies in all residential developments, provided that 

1. the balconies had been approved as covered balconies, and , 

2. the balconies comply with the requisite building setback.

URA's approval is not required if the screens are retractable and allow the balcony to be naturally ventilated at
all times . Please ensure that necessary approval from the Management Corporation is obtained.

S / N : 34 

Enclosing of approved balconies by glass/window in landed housing developments only, including strata-landed housing developments,
provided that:

1. the balconies had been approved as covered balconies, and

2. the balconies comply with the requisite building setback.

In which case no approval is required to be taken from URA

Can I use any of the above to enclose my balcony in new CONDO

Anyone care to share their experience they have done similar work on their new condo?

Thanks.

Edited by Coverbalcony