Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
oYx

Light Switch Problem

My electrician replaced my MK 3-gang switch plate (with tall switches) with a Legrand 4-gang switch plate because I needed another switch. However, I noticed that the switches on the Legrand one feels soft and one of the switches always needs to be pushed harder to 'engage'.

I spoke to him and another contractor and they both tell me that it is an inherent problem with 4-gang switches.

Does anyone know of a solution? Is there any tall 4-gang switch that feels solid when pushed?

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

My electrician replaced my MK 3-gang switch plate (with tall switches) with a Legrand 4-gang switch plate because I needed another switch. However, I noticed that the switches on the Legrand one feels soft and one of the switches always needs to be pushed harder to 'engage'.

I spoke to him and another contractor and they both tell me that it is an inherent problem with 4-gang switches.

Does anyone know of a solution? Is there any tall 4-gang switch that feels solid when pushed?

I also have the Legrand 4 gang switch. Yes, Legrand switches seems to require less force to activate but I don't have the issue of one of the switches requiring more force to activate. Regardless of brand, sometimes you get different feel in the force needed to activate multiple gang switches. You can test it out at the shop when you buy them.

I know Schneider also carries the 4 gang tall switch but I am not sure if the force needed is the same or more than Legrand.

You can try it out at Homefix in IMM. They have samples on display.

If you are going to split into 2 switches, two separate 2 gangs may look nicer than one 3 gang and one 1 gang but it's up to you.

Thanks! Anywhere else besides IMM? :)

Agree that 2 + 2 looks great, but 3 + 1 makes sense for me because one of them is a ceiling fan switch and the rest are lights. :)

Thanks! Anywhere else besides IMM? :)

Agree that 2 + 2 looks great, but 3 + 1 makes sense for me because one of them is a ceiling fan switch and the rest are lights. :)

I see. Besides IMM, Choo Chiang Marketing carries quite a lot of electrical stuff with reasonable prices.

They have several branches. You can google to see which location suits you.