Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kanas

Has Anyone Done Soundproofing On Hdb Ceiling/room?

Hello everyone!

I've been constantly disturbed in my sleep by noises coming from unit above (eg footsteps, door screeching, dropping/dragging things ). I could also feel the 'vibrations' of footsteps! even after shifting my bed away from the wall.

Searching thru forums, it seems many are sharing the same plight. There's few reviews touching on this topic, but are a couple yrs' back and none provide concrete solution....

I really need to know if any members has really 'tried and test' any co... soundproofing on ceiling or room? Is it effective in blocking the noises (mentioned above)? Pls recommend.

KINDLY HELP!

Thank you

Sleep-deprived!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Nothing wrong with your post :) just that nobody has a solution to this problem.

I was unlucky to have neighbors on top who were careless about the noises they were making at odd hours of the day.

So I had another ceiling filled with insulation materials constructed for the bedrooms.

It was money wasted!

Thanks so much symphony! So so glad to rec a response alas!

Thought many people having similar problem (I could see many viewed this topic)... Really no one could resolve at all?

Your insulated ceiling really did work out huh? Coincidently I'm arranging a false ceiling maker in to see if something can be done for my bedroom. He suggested using layers rockwool and baseboard. He did mention can't totally soundproof but can reduce noise. You know I'll do what ever possible... I'm living in misery😪

Do you know what's the material used on your ceiling? Can advise on price range?

I even call a acoustic co, they say they do sound absorption... Not soundproof? Perhaps my 'business' is too small for them😒sighs

Same material, 5 inches thick of rockwool but forgotten the cost as it was 15 years ago.

Again, my advice is don't waste your money as it doesn't helps to lessen your misery.

So in the end we managed to get some relief after resorting to direct confrontations, calling the police down several times late in the night, complaints to our MP, mediation center interventions, legal threats, etc

It was awful, but we were at the end of our tethers.

Sighs.. feeling 'hopeless' 😩😪now... But really appreciate your kind advice though. Thanks again symphony!

Wow you must have gone thru a lot of hassles.... dreadful indeed!

I did 'talk' to my neighbour on several occasions... Each time he says he'll try to keep the noise down. But he changes his habits n 'patterns' every now n then. For a period he would blast his radio at 6+7am, so loud that I cld even feel the tremor in my rm! One thing for sure will not improve is his 'elephant' steps, Bad habits die hard! (Note there are others staying in his unit, only he has this foot stomping problem.)

Sighs...

Hi guys, just offering an out of the box solution.. May you can offer to buy rugs or carpeting for your upstairs neighbour's bedroom? Remember to include a non slip mat which should reduce the noise.. hopefully. Lol.

Edited by islandcitygirl

Hi guys, just offering an out of the box solution.. May you can offer to buy rugs or carpeting for your upstairs neighbour's bedroom? Remember to include a non slip mat which should reduce the noise.. hopefully. Lol.

Yes, I also had an out of the box thought then, something a little bit more effective than yours.

I was quite willing to give them 6ft full of concrete.

Hello everyone!

I've been constantly disturbed in my sleep by noises coming from unit above (eg footsteps, door screeching, dropping/dragging things ). I could also feel the 'vibrations' of footsteps! even after shifting my bed away from the wall.

Searching thru forums, it seems many are sharing the same plight. There's few reviews touching on this topic, but are a couple yrs' back and none provide concrete solution....

I really need to know if any members has really 'tried and test' any co... soundproofing on ceiling or room? Is it effective in blocking the noises (mentioned above)? Pls recommend.

KINDLY HELP!

Thank you

Sleep-deprived!

Soundproof should be done on a whole room. Just ceiling will not do. My dad's got a room soundproof for movies entertainment. Sometimes when after closing the room door, you can even feel some pressure or vacuum in your ears. Sound is totally blocked out. Of course there is costly and cheap materials and jobs.

if it is only footsteps, dropping/dragging things, you might want to pay them to install laminated flooring with padding, basically the laminated floor will isolate the sound in that layer the padded layer absorb most of the sound and sound will also bounce off the concrete slab. Also give a can of WD40 for the door screeching. The cost should be lower than paying doctors for a breakdown since it is only 1 room. Other flooring might not work because there are no padded layer, reason is due to how sound travel thru density, same reason why droping thing on laminated floor sound louder. Making friends instead of enemy with your neigbour if possible. No one like another person to make demands like it is their birth right.