Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
southpaw23

Renovarion Advise And Question On Design Fees

Hi there,

New here so please bear with me. I'm looking at contracting an ID to renovate a 4br condo unit, approx. 1540sqft and have a few questions

1. Are ID design fees common? And if so, what is the typical cost? Is 15% of total contract value considered on the high side? If so, what am I to expect from paying for this premium? (sorry, multiple questions on this one :))

2. Assuming I'm considering the following renovation works, what kinda ballpark budgets should i be looking at?
- Overhaul of the existing kitchen
- Living room TV console/cabinet design and build
- Design and build of each bedroom (bed and cabinets)
- Electrical and lighting works
- Renovation of master toilet and 2 guest toilets
- Flooring will remain

I understand that these are rather broad questions and I'm aware that responses can range quote a bit in terns of total cost. I'm basically wanted to get a feel of that range. I'm aware that you get what you pay for and cheaper solutions/quotations will not necessarily delivers the best value. I just want to make sure that I don't get taken for a ride when given/accepting a quote.

What realistic value can I expect in return when engaging a more expensive/experienced ID? I'm assuming finishing and quality of carpentry is improved and probably more innovative design ideas.

Thoughts and inputs will be greatly appreciated.

cheers folks!

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation