Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
vicx1234

Does Having Mixed Lighting At Home Look Strange?

Hi all,

I'm having a difficult time deciding what kind of lighting to use in each area and need your advice. We intend to use warm white lighting for all areas of the house except for the study, toilets and the kitchen which we are currently intending to use bright white LED lights. Will the contrast be very obvious causing our space to not look as nice?

Are we better off using warm white for the entire house? If so, how easy it is to change the LED strips in our lights fixtures from bright white to warm white? Where to I go to get it done?

Thanks guys.

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Hi claypot, thanks for your advice. The one that we have bought actually only comes in 1 colour so I'm thinking of changing the whole strip to warm white LED. How much would 1 meter cost and where can I get it?

Hi, I believe you are referring to RDG LED strip light which is able to change lighting color RED, GREEN or BLUE.

My Suggestion:

You can install 2 LED strip length, first LED strip length using warm white and second strip length using day light. Solution like this allow you to have 2 different lighting ambience, either you off warm white or day light which ever you prefer

For your information, AC strip light are also available for light dimming

Visit our website http://thaikinled.wix.com/ledlighting

Thanks leong3956, having 2 different colour strips to switch sounds like a good idea, I may just do it.

I am currently using LED warm light downlights for my living room, but have bought cool white ceiling lights (which uses LED light bars) for my kitchen. Since the kitchen is visible from my living room, I am concerned that the contrast between the different lighting colours will be too stark. In your experience do people use either cool white or warm white throughout the whole house? Is it ugly if you mix?

Thanks.