Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios

Hi all,

I have just done up my kitchen cabinet. And the outlook of the laminates i have chosen did not turn out ideal.

Because its a brand new cabinet i just need to relaminate a top cabinet about 5ft plus a few doors to white.any ideas or lobang for this?

Another problem is, if i change all my cabinets to white, i wish to change my solid top too. Its also brand new, the thin 12mm type. I am looking for a solid wood solid top and i found it at ikea. But my challenge now is:

1)my contractor has installed the cabinetry but not the solid top and fittings yet. But i cant cancel it already so i still have to take it.if i installed it now and just use first, can i remove it in say a few mths later without damaging the cabinet?

2) ikea solid top needs fabrication and installation.

Are there any one or carpenter who can help me relaminate someparts of the cabinet, and remove my solid top and fabricate and install the ikea wooden solid top for me over 16ft of bottom cabinets.

Any help,suggestions, contacts or direct carpenters are welcomed. I am open for items to be done seperately or better still altogether.

Josh

Edited by zzx23

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi zzx23,

I think you should post a photo here so they can advise you on how.

1) If you wish to change the solid surface counter top then I would advise you to ask them when they are installing to avoid using max bond to stick it to your cabinet.

2) Re-laminate is always quite costly as compare to making a new cabinet. In short, it is not really worth it. But if you wish to, you may need to post the photo for them to suggest.

But I am curious, why do you not bring up this with your contractor and see what he can do to help you with it ?