Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kaykay

A Corner 3-Room Flat To Call Home

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

Wah very chio.. and also very expensive..

Ya lor, tempered glass very ex de le. But makes your house looks great lor.... I think local one, no one can match C h o o C h i a n g .

Ya lor, tempered glass very ex de le. But makes your house looks great lor.... I think local one, no one can match C h o o C h i a n g .

Noted. However I think I will just stick with LeGrand. These tempered glass switches are too modern for me. Lol..

Noted. However I think I will just stick with LeGrand. These tempered glass switches are too modern for me. Lol..

Ya lor

I am using Schneider for my whole house, simple and affordable.

Just to give my feedback on Schneider and legrand. At my previous place, I used Schneider. I like the solid feel and the "click click" sound when I switch on/off. But sometimes, the switch quite hard to press. Now, I am using legrand. Looks nicer but I miss the "click click" sound. Soft feel, don't feel solid. Sometimes, so soft that there seems to be no clicking at all.

One more thing. For legrand power sockets, I find the on/off switch too close to the plug holes. After I put in my multi-plug, I cannot reach the on/off switch. Very irritating.

Edited by kstoh

• Like 1

Just to give my feedback on Schneider and legrand. At my previous place, I used Schneider. I like the solid feel and the "click click" sound when I switch on/off. But sometimes, the switch quite hard to press. Now, I am using legrand. Looks nicer but I miss the "click click" sound. Soft feel, don't feel solid. Sometimes, so soft that there seems to be no clicking at all.

One more thing. For legrand power sockets, I find the on/off switch too close to the plug holes. After I put in my multi-plug, I cannot reach the on/off switch. Very irritating.

Thanks for the very good points.

In fact I have a friend who can get me staff discount for Schneider switches, after which prices will be just slightly higher than LeGrand..

Should I just go for Schneider instead? Head tells me so, but my eyes like the matt finish of LeGrand's silvers and greys..

Any advice?

Edited by kaykay

• Like 1

In fact I have a friend who can get me staff discount for Schneider switches, after which prices will be just slightly higher than LeGrand..

Should I just go for Schneider instead? Head tells me so, but my eyes like the matt finish of LeGrand's silvers and greys..

Any advice?

LeGrand is definitely nicer, but for the feel, I still prefer Schneider. Like bro kstoh said, switching on/off without the click click feel a little weird. My 2 cents worth.

Any advice?

I am afraid I have no idea which you should get. But I was under the impression that legrand is more expensive than Schneider. So I guess I was mistaken.

I am afraid I have no idea which you should get. But I was under the impression that legrand is more expensive than Schneider. So I guess I was mistaken.

Yes Legrand a little ex than Schneider for sure. It's quieter. But not very big different.

LeGrand is definitely nicer, but for the feel, I still prefer Schneider. Like bro kstoh said, switching on/off without the click click feel a little weird. My 2 cents worth.

Yes Legrand a little ex than Schneider for sure. It's quieter. But not very big different.

Thanks for all your invaluable inputs .

I got a few quotes at Kelantan Lane. Let's use the 1gang1way switch as a base for apple to apple.

Schneider's is $11, LeGrand $5 max.

The quotes are quite consistent with a few shops there.

So I have the strong impression that Schneider is more expensive.

Moreover, the staff discount of 50% that my friend can get for me brings both prices quite similar. So this makes my choice all the more difficult.

Somehow I have a feeling my eyes will rule over functionalities.. Men are just such weak creatures.. Lol.

BTW I have requested for my elect rewiring quotation to omit the supply of switches.

Edited by kaykay

I received this update from Amcon Express (my forwarder for Taobao shopping) last week.

The 2nd round of shopping at Taobao has been consolidated, and will ship to Singapore ETA14Apr2014, and will be delivered to my address a few days later.

However, I have requested delivery to me takes place slightly later, due to the messy state of the flat from the renovations.

A screenshot of the email, showing some details of dates and such.

Last item receiving date is 4Apr. It takes only 10 days to ship to Sg. I think they are rather efficient.

(Note: I am not related to Amcon, nor trying to sell them to you. I am just a happy customer of their's)

Shipping.jpg

• Like 1

I went down during lunchtime for some peeks, and what greeted me was a grand pleasant surprise.

After the storeroom was hacked, the house opened up brightly and feels refreshingly airy.

What's even more pleasing is the horizontal beam dividing the living and kitchen was completely removed.

Initially it was thought to be a structure beam that cannot be moved, and I told the contractor to hack the beam to the highest possible level.

It turns out that a top level unit do not have this horizontal beam, I can have a completely open kitchen.

This of course pose other problems as well:-

1. The open-ness of the kitchen requires detailed proper planning. The walls have to be colour-coordinated carefully. Any "flaws" can be painfully visible.

2. The water pipe has now to be hidden in the kitchen cabinet. Or else ugly pipes can be seen easily too.

3. Cooking fumes.. well.. I have to control big-fire cooking.. Sigh..

However, overall, I still love the brightness and airiness it brings.

The Before:

">p><p>h<a  href=">ttp://i495.photobucket.com/albums/rr319/gervaise_2008/20140313_154200.jpg' alt='20140313_154200.jpg'>

The After:

">http://s495.photobucket.com/user/gervaise_2008/media/20140414_122455.jpg.html'>20140414_122455.jpg

Thanks for all your invaluable inputs .

I got a few quotes at Kelantan Lane. Let's use the 1gang1way switch as a base for apple to apple.

Schneider's is $11, LeGrand $5 max.

The quotes are quite consistent with a few shops there.

So I have the strong impression that Schneider is more expensive.

Moreover, the staff discount of 50% that my friend can get for me brings both prices quite similar. So this makes my choice all the more difficult.

Somehow I have a feeling my eyes will rule over functionalities.. Men are just such weak creatures.. Lol.

BTW I have requested for my elect rewiring quotation to omit the supply of switches.

Ei but C h o o C h i a n g quoted Legrand more expensive lei