Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
kaykay

A Corner 3-Room Flat To Call Home

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Went to get some switches to play around with the colour combi.

Bought the boxes and spray painted grey.

Here's the outcome. I will be choosing silver switch with dark silver plate. (It's the one on the right) :notti:

20140410_162000.jpg

That's all for now. More in a few days!

Cheers!

I prefer the right side switch too.

What are these switches call may I ask

So u need to have a china friend in order to shop direct? Ur china friend need to so any coordination? Like for example will the shop call ur friend prior to delivery etc etc?

Hi PT,

Once you confirm using Amcon Express, they will forward you their contact person (it's actually their storemen) and tel number in China.

This will be the contact person the shop will contact. However, usually no contact is required. They will only probably contact the person to ensure someone is there to receive delivery.

Nice layout and nice drawing! I am looking for ideas and thanks for sharing info on your house!

Thanks for the details! I shall start browsing taobao soon! :)

Here you start the journey............... Smooth smooth bro

Thanks guys.

• Like 1

I prefer the right side switch too.

What are these switches call may I ask

Hi bro, it's the new customisable switches from LeGrand (Malllia series).

Go on their website to see the full range.

Nice thing you're doing for the neighbours! (but they likely still complain one :D)

Haha... my same floor neighbours quite okay people never complain according to my contractor, but the unit directly below my unit kpkb until the HDB officer kept hurrying my contractor to quickly finish demolition work, also complain workers talk loudly, on music etc....lucky not my same floor neighbor, which alreday I met and apologised for the inconvenience in advance by me.

After contemplating the various layouts, I finally have a decision.

My hands were almost forced into this decision.

To accomodate my MIL to stay in so that she can provide child caregiver duties more conveniently, I have to "commission" an extra dedicated room in this 3-room unit.

Haha.. now i will have 3 bedrooms.

This is how the layout will be (I'm only using MS Paint to create this, so the scale may be a little off)

FinalLayout.jpg

The new door is created in the original bedroom, just facing the main door.

20140411_142359.jpg

Nice thing you're doing for the neighbours! (but they likely still complain one :D)

Haha... my same floor neighbours quite okay people never complain according to my contractor, but the unit directly below my unit kpkb until the HDB officer kept hurrying my contractor to quickly finish demolition work, also complain workers talk loudly, on music etc....lucky not my same floor neighbor, which alreday I met and apologised for the inconvenience in advance by me.

Haha, I will just let them complain if they want to. I have the permission from HDB to demolish anyway.

When it is their turn for reno in their next house, they will also disturb their future neighbours then. What goes around, comes around.

• Like 1

Congrats on the start of the Reno.

How much did you pay for the switches ?

Bro initially I want to get all my switch and socket from this store, but timing not allowed, take a look perhaps can ask your elecr=trician how many you need before ordering, very cool switch and socket. Tampered glass one

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/500715

Congrats on the start of the Reno.

How much did you pay for the switches ?

For non customised colour ones it's only $3.50 for a 1gang1way switch. To customise colour will add a dollar plus+. Go to Kelantan Lane for the cheapest rates. The shop is just next to the kek seng kio laksa coffeeshop.