Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
henny

How To Reduce Heat In Non Air-Conditioned Shop

Hi

I'm trying to reduce the heat in my bakery which is not air-conditioned. The shop is open concept, so there's no glass door etc. Installing air-conditioners would be wasting energy and not effective as the cold air would have escaped.

The sales area (where the buns and bread are displayed) is hot and stuffy despite the use of several fans.

Will extractor fans help?

Please advise how else can I reduce the heat in the bakery without spending too much on renovations... :help:

Thanks in advance

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

you fan are blowing in or out?

does it rotate around or blow direct out ?

maybe you wish to try blowing the fan out at 45degree from the corner of the shop if yours is a square shape.

The shop has 1 wall fan installed at corner of the shop, blowing in at 45 deg and an air circulator blowing out diagonally. Both are at fixed position, not rotating.

how much sun gets into your shop walls? and are there heat generating equipments inside the shop?

all these needs to be factor when designing a cost effective cooling solution.

U have to understand where is the cool air, and where is the hot air within the shop.

U want to draw in cool air from outside, and extract out the hot air.

Avoid circulating hot air!

Generally, u want to take cool air from nearer the floor, and then exhaust out the hot air nearer the ceiling.

If u have a backlane which is cooler than the shopfront, u might want to suck in air from the back and exhaust out the front.

Whatever u do, do not install ceiling fans that will simply blast hotter air downwards!

Might also want to consider an evaporative air cooler that uses water as the cooling mechanism since yr heat source is dry heat.

sometimes a small aircon that does localised cooling will make a big difference.

friend of mine does this at his stall:

2 fans total.

Stall front

------------------

| F2 |

| |

| |

| |

-----------------

F1 O

Stall Rear (open up)

Not sure if your stall config is similar, but basically the Fan1 Blows towards Fan 2, and Fan 2 blows towards O.

I thought it was pretty ingenius, the place was pretty decent for all the cooking going on.