Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
wcp86

Covering 1 Of 2 Bomb Shelter Ventilation

My bomb shelter got 2 ventilation vents. 1 directly on at the dining area. The other on other side of the wall near the bedrooms.

Is it ok to seal the one of the ventilation above the dining area?

any advise from anyone?

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

hi wcp86, i've checked with my ID and he said HDB stipulates at least one ventilation vent must be kept clear. My ID sealed the 1 directly on my dining area and left the other one (where you described) unhindered so its okay i guess.

Edited by leepc

Yes it's ok to seal one. My ID sealed one as well.

You can read the instructions behind the door that it is ok to seal one.

Here's the link from SCDF

==

* Closing or covering up of ventilation openings by removable aesthetic or architectural finishes is allowed, provided that at least 25% of the total area of the two openings shall be left uncovered for ventilation purposes during peacetime.

http://www.scdf.gov.sg/content/scdf_internet/en/building-professionals/cd-shelter/permitted-works-for-household.html

==

please note that SCDF allows only 'removable covering', i.e. something like a cabinet door panel, for example, that covers the ventilation sleeves neatly but the sleeve can be opened when it is necessary.

Do not permanently seal any of the ventilation sleeves.