Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dandelion1976

Our 5 Room Reno Journey - Scandinavian With A Light Touch Of Industrial

I've checked the cost of doing a stucco wall before... It cost about the same.... U might wanna make a comparison.... The effect of craft bricks actually looks better compared to the stucco walls I've seen so far...

Yes craft brick definitely looks better. :good: I am getting a very good price for stucco wall from my ID, my quote for the wall using craft brick or fiber board from other ID easily hit $2.5k if not $3k (average about $18-$20 psf). I have another option which is to buy craft brick from JB ( RM7 psf) and get my ID to lay, which work out to be about $8-$9 psf all in, just that I am too lazy to get this organise. I also like the fact that stucco can be drilled, just in case if I wanna add a few items on the brick wall in future.

Edited by dandelion1976

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Yes craft brick definitely looks better. :good: I am getting a very good price for stucco wall from my ID, my quote for the wall using craft brick or fiber board from other ID easily hit $2.5k if not $3k (average about $18-$20 psf). I have another option which is to buy craft brick from JB ( RM7 psf) and get my ID to lay, which work out to be about $8-$9 psf all in, just that I am too lazy to get this organise. I also like the fact that stucco can be drilled, just in case if I wanna add a few items on the brick wall in future.

Hi Dandelion, I am also thinking of doing brickwall initially, but my contractor quoted me $3.5k to do a 6m x 2.6m wall in my living room. I find it too steep and decided to dropped the idea but now you mentioned that it is possible to transport the brick from JB, could you share with me how I can go about doing this? Many thanks in advance :good:

Hi Dandelion, I am also thinking of doing brickwall initially, but my contractor quoted me $3.5k to do a 6m x 2.6m wall in my living room. I find it too steep and decided to dropped the idea but now you mentioned that it is possible to transport the brick from JB, could you share with me how I can go about doing this? Many thanks in advance :good:

Hi Lan9y1983, here's the contact info (I just googled it, found the stone manufacturer at Home Fair JB about a month ago). Perhaps we can order together to save on transport cost, mean while I check with my ID if I still have time to change stucco to craft brick. PM me to discuss.

• Company:Brilliant Supplies Sdn Bhd
  • Address: NO.30,Jln Bukit 10, Kawasan MIEL,Bandar Seri Alam, 81750 Johor Bahru,Johor.
  • Fax No: +6073860849
  • Telephone: +6073865007, +60197535259
  • Contact Person (boss): Chia Wee Kee
  • Salesman: Ah Ming (+60 19 229 5259)

Product that I am looking at:

On the left: Rustic Brick (60mm X 200mm) - TS8038 RM9.10 psf

On the right: Cobble Brick (70mm x 215mm) - TS 8439 RM 10.03 psf

Delivery charges is RM200 per pallet (30 sqr meter) + RM50 custom fee. Buyers to bear 7% GST.

Discount of 20% is given to direct buyers at the moment.

Took this photo at their Booth @ Persada (JB) during Home Fair.

BrickWallJB.jpg

P/S: Please PM me if you are keen to buy together (valid till 31st Apr 2014, otherwise you can contact Ah Ming to arrange with him directly) and please refrain from posting your question on this T-Blog else it risk becoming a group buy thread :no: .

Catalogue:

BrilliantCatalogue1.jpg

BrilliantCatalogue2.jpg

Edited by dandelion1976

Hi Lan9y1983, here's the contact info (I just googled it, found the stone manufacturer at Home Fair JB about a month ago). Perhaps we can order together to save on transport cost, mean while I check with my ID if I still have time to change stucco to craft brick. PM me to discuss.

• Company:Brilliant Supplies Sdn Bhd
  • Country/Region:Malaysia
  • Province/State:Johor
  • Province/State:Johor Bahru
  • Type:Other, Wholesaler, Factory, Importer, Exporter
  • Address: NO.30,Jln Bukit 10, Kawasan MIEL,Bandar Seri Alam, 81750 Johor Bahru,Johor.
  • Fax No: +6073860849
  • Telephone: +6073865007, +60197535259
  • Post Code: 81750
  • Contact Person: Chia Wee Kee

Hi AI neighbour :good:

I think this one is the authentic one:

CraftStone® International Sdn Bhd

Batu 35, Jalan Air Hitam, Bukit Batu,

81000 Kulai, Johor, West Malaysia

tel: (60) 7 6511 888

fax: (60) 7 6511 088

Edited by AnW

I think they only delivery within JB. You will have to get it transported by to Singapore, also need consider when crossing custom, may subject to taxes.

Do you all think it is possible to purchase from Taobao?

I think they only delivery within JB. You will have to get it transported by to Singapore, also need consider when crossing custom, may subject to taxes.

Yes then you got to hire a freight forwarder to do it for you also.

Yes then you got to hire a freight forwarder to do it for you also.

Thanks for highlighting. Initially I thought they are the same one with factory in Air Hitam, but apparently they are competitor to craftstone. They also have a slightly larger one, called Cobble Brick, that Craftstone do not have at the moment. Check out my edited post above.

One good thing about them is their willingness to arrange delivery to Singapore including handling of custom import permit etc. I have confirmed with them, delivery charges is RM200 per pallet (30 sqr meter) + RM50 custom fee + 7% GST. :good:

Edited by dandelion1976

Thanks for highlighting. Initially I thought they are the same one with factory in Air Hitam, but apparently they are competitor to craftstone. They also have a slightly larger one, called Rustic Brick, that Craftstone do not have at the moment. Check out my edited post above.

One good thing about them is their willingness to arrange delivery to Singapore including handling of custom import permit etc. I have confirmed with them, delivery charges is RM200 per pallet (30 sqr meter) + RM50 custom fee + 7% GST. :good:

Hi, you have pic of the rustic brick? The delivery charges seems reasonable.

Hi, you have pic of the rustic brick? The delivery charges seems reasonable.

I have their catalogue, need to scan before I can post tho. PM me if you are keen, another bro is keen to pool order together.

(Please refer post #34)

Edited by dandelion1976

Hi, i am interested too! can let me have a look at the catalouge? will check with my ID if we are able to source directly and save costs!!

Hi AL neighbour,

the craftstone do delivery to sg, they charging me RM200 per trip + 7% gst if not wrong, however we wanna save the transport cost since we going in JB every week.

you may wish to email them for details.

Reno officially started on the 21 Apr 2014, my ID was quick to arrange the electrician and tiller to come in while HDB sub-contractor still taking their own sweet time to hack away cement screed done using inappropriate material (apparently HDB specified that sub-contractor must used Pre-packed material to do cement floor rendering and some sub-con try to cut corner by using Sands + Portland Cement).

Here're some progress photos:

Electrician at work

ElectricianAtWork.jpg

Edited by dandelion1976

Tiller at work

Tiling_Toilets.jpg

I am using wooden plank-like tiles for the shower area and cement-like tiles for the flooring. Kudos to my ID of coming with way to hide the side of the overlaid tiles at Master Bath since I am only overlaying the shower area (to hide the original mosaic tiles) whole wall (many IDs discourage this and said it will look ugly).

Edited by dandelion1976