Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
dtjw

Air Curtains And The Open Concept Kitch

Hi,

I have an open concept kitchen. I have a cooker hood but it is not entirely effective in preventing cooking smells from entering the rest of the apartment.

I am thinking of installing an air curtain to confine the cooking smells to the kitchen. I know that this is not way air curtains are typically designed or used for. As such, I am not sure whether it will be effective.

Does anyone have any experience with the use of an air curtain in a similar situation? If so, I would be grateful to hear about your experience and whether the air curtain helped eliminate or reduce the spread of cooking smells.

Thanks.

Derek

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation

Hi Derek,

According to my knowledge, get a hood with higher power helps. I'm also doing open kitchen concept. Air curtain unless u wana put in retail shop. It doesn't serve any purpose but to block air, it doesn't block smell. For the good, anything above 900 horse power, u should be safe. I'm not sure if I'm using the right term. I hope this helps to clear up ur doubt.