Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
TheSoup

Review For Siong Doors

Finally had my renovation after HDB's Home Improvement Programme for my house has completed.

As the budget was tight but my room doors (Master bedroom & normal bedroom) were in really poor condition, we had to replace them. I did my research a few months back and decided on Siong Doors after reading about it here on renotalk.

The first visit was for site survey to take down the measurements and he (think he is the boss) was quite professional as he was able to tell me that my door frames were slightly warped and offered me a few solutions. He managed to convince me to replace my storeroom's door as well. Previously, he advised that the classic door was good enough to be used as a room door as they are lighter and can be painted in a few colours. This was good advice as the lighter doors were indeed easier to handle after the installation. I also got him to cover the ventilation vents above the room doors (very old hdb design) at some additional cost. I changed one of the door knobs to lever type again at additional cost.

The second visit, which was today, was for installation. I was not around due to work and I came back to 3 new and nice doors. Overall, I think it was a job well done if not for the following;

1) I was told that they do not stock door guards and latches as it was "old-fashioned". Personally, I always go for both one-way (can only be opened from inside) and two-way (opening using key from outside) locking systems for my doors for safety purposes. Now I have to buy it outside and borrow someone else's drill to install the locks.

2) The sides of the doors had scuff marks which marred the otherwise perfect door.

3) The door frames were not painted to match the colour of the door. I honestly did not know that the existing door frame will not be painted as I had thought that a door replacement would logically include it. I do not know what is the industry norm for this issue but I think I would have reconsidered changing the doors had I known about this. (A plus point though - They gave us a little of the paint for touching-up any holes they drilled in the process.)

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request