Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
ZavierAtHome

To Show Or Not To Show Flat?

Hi all,

Not sure if this is the right section to post under so if I am wrong do pardon me and guide me to the right place for this posting.

Basically I am looking for advice from owners who have renovated their flat and put it up as showroom as requested by their ID.

Currently, I am 99% done with my renovation and am moving in soon. My ID would like to use my flat as a show flat but only offered me $200 for this.

I personally do not think this is a fair bargain as I will have to make myself available at home and have to endure others touching my items, etc.

Anyone out there who has offered up their flat to be show flats? What was offered to you by your IDs?

Thanks in advance!

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

No experience, just suggesting. not sure about rates. If not every time he tells you that he wants to bring ppl over you have to push away your plans to accommodate him since he has already paid upfront. This way he wouldn't bring people to your house for the sake of it too cos he will have to pay each time he comes by, and he will not keep you waiting too.

Other items you want to consider is:

- notice - he must give you at least 2 days notice, if you are unavailable due to work or travelling you can reject/or you will make alternative arrangements to ensure that the unit is open

- indemnity - he/his ID firm is responsible for all damage you suffer as a result of ppl visiting e.g. their children break your stuff

Alternatively, you can tell him $200 is for 5 visits or something (cap it). If I were you, $200 to always have to shift my plans on my free days to let ppl come to my house to touch my things, and comment on my home, no thanks.

I know some firms, have to pay $200-500 for just 1 'professional" photo (including rights to use) for marketing, $20-50 for freelancers. So imagine you opening your house to this people -- is either you have a big-heart (open for free) or have to charge to what seems fair to YOU (not necessarily cash, maybe some furnishings or freebies)- depends on you relationship with your ID really.

But if you haven't moved in, I guess having some extra $$$ may not hurt.

Maybe also limit to no usage of your toilets. See if you're comfy also anyway to the idea - to charge for this "show flat"...After all, your ID did charge you what seems fair to him/her in doing your renovation^^