Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Draker

Ceiling Pvc Pipes

I live elsewhere away from my parents and something interesting happened to me about 3-4 times over the period of a couple of years. The PVC ceiling pipe in my kitchen would drip water out of the blue one day and I decided to call on HDB the next day. The officer came and saw, went up to the my neighbour's apartment above and rectified the problem with a few hours. I was perplexed and asked her what did she do. She just smiled and said " All I did was unclogged the pipe. This is a common problem with PVC pipes. So long as there are no "blockages" there will be no leaks." And she advised my neighbour living above me to refrain from pouring water with food wastes down that pipe. I have never seen that pipe leaked since.

Fast forward a few years, recently HDB decided to offer the residents of my parents' entire block an offer to renovate the bathroom, toilet and repair of ceiling spalling concrete. Quality of life improvements so to speak. My parents can opt out of the programme and choose to do the repair of ceiling spalling concrete for free. But should the ceiling pipes leak they need to do repairs and spend money.

So they decided to run a "test" to see if there are leaks for the bathroom and toilet ceiling pipes by pouring tons of water from the unit above or some other tricks of the trade that I'm unaware of. The bathroom ceiling pipe started to leak after a few hours needless to say that pipe tested positive for leaks while the toilet ceiling pipe which is made of steel tested negative. My father signed an acknowledgment that day relating to the "man-made leaks".

That bathroom pipe obviously stopped leaking after they performed the "tests" and would continue to miraculous do so for years to come. Anyone get my drift? I wouldn't be surprised if every resident's bathroom PVC pipes tested positive for leaks that day.

Edited by Draker

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation