Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
sophiewilson

Help Me Choose Air Purifiers For Our New Home

We just moved into our new home and with everything almost done I just started decorating the baby room . The street where we are staying is pretty dusty and we are planning to get air purifiers . I heard that we have to be extra cautious with newborns since even little bit of dust and pollution can affect their developing lungs .My brother's 2 year old has Asthma ... they stay in a very polluted city and I'm pretty sure the quality of air had a major role to play . My brother feels air purifiers are an unecessary addition so I'm planning to get one for the baby room as well as one for my brother (and prove him wrong). After a bit of online research on room air purifiers under $200 we are considering purchasing either of these air purifiers . Any suggestion ??

1. Clair Air purifier TD1866 http://go-clair.com/products/clair-td1866-white

Price - $199.99

2. Winix FreHome Model P300 https://www.winixamerica.com/products/p300-air-purifier

Price - $229.99

Looking for good contractors? Click here for your request

I use an air purifier at home but maintenance is quite a hassle .I need to wash it regularly and make sure I replace the filter every couple of months . I don't think that additional ionizer filter is required since you are using the air purifier for the baby room and ionizers release ozone which can irritate the developing lungs of infant.The Clair air purifier design looks pretty good and looks like the technology is new. Just make sure the filter life is long and cleaning isn't a problem .

I was a R& D coating Chemist previously, my working environment is a lab based environment. Everyday i wash handle with hazardous chemical. I am well know with toxicity inside paint coating.

So i dun really suggest go for cheaper range of air purification system as it unable to make much different.

I do have childhood asthma so when i came across to choose air purification system, i really make a deep consideration.

1. What is the contaminates it can be filter out?

2. Any black and white proven facts? Any 3rd party certified?

3. Can it filter bacteria?

4. Trust brand

5. Maintenance

Based on this 5 criteria, finally i get mine. :) I was happy with that.