Find Professionals    Deals    Get Quotations   Portfolios
Sign in to follow this  
Guest swissfondue

New Home At D'leedon

Guest swissfondue

After the D'Leedon TOP party in October, I have started to look around for ID candidates. This forum has been quite useful and so had a few of my friends who have their homes recently renovated. At the end, at least for this phase, I had five names in hand:

1) Victor Ng at Elements ID

2) Lisa Ng at Ansana

3) Stuart Yee at Rezt N Relax

4) Melanie Soo at Green Bottle

5) JQ Ong at The Association

Victor Ng was the first I approached. Very friendly, knowledgable, and accommodating. Showed me his portfolio, noted my design criteria, gave his preliminary suggestions based on the floor plan, and briefed us on his process. The next step would be after we collect our keys and he can take a look at the actual place. He would then do up a mood board to show us, before proceeding further.

Lisa Ng was very professional but I sense a lack of chemistry between she and I, though my wife finds her ok. She went through, like Victor did, but a little more systematic. Two weeks after our first meeting, Lisa came back to show us a draft layout, which I quite like and made some refinements. I am expecting a quotation from her next week.

Stuart Yee appeared very down to earth and focused on essentials. Promised to give us a draft layout within a week, but called on the day of the appointment to say he was sick and would postpone the appointment to another day. It has been two weeks, and he has not called. Doesn't seem very interested in our business, or perhaps he has already too many projects on hand.

Melanie Soo is the most mysterious of all. My friend kept telling me she was ex-interior designer at Banyan Tree, is cheap and good and did an excellent job on his apartment, but did not give me her name or contact and made the appointment to see her for me. I did not know anything about Melanie until I met her. She did come up with some interesting ideas during our meeting but refused to go further until we sign a contract. Told her I can't be signing a contract just based on talks, and she asked me to look at her portfolio on her website. I went through and found only hotels, service apartments, and nothing on residential interior design.

JQ Ong's designs are either raw and industrial, or colourful, so I skipped him after seeing his portfolio since these concepts are not what I had in mind.

At this stage, my top choices (or only choices) are Victor and Lisa.

Will update again when there's interesting progress. I still have not been informed of key collection for my unit at this stage, although Capitaland kept telling me it will be anytime.

Join 46,923 satisfied homeowners who used renotalk quotation service to find interior designers. Get an estimated quotation